Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HENRICI  

RSS
kiwihastings1 OWC
(@kiwihastings1-owc)

Hi, I am researching all Henrici Descendants. I myself descend from Mere Henrici=John Hawkins, Olive Hawkins=Thomas Horne, Henry Horne=Ila Jackson.
I have been researching the Henrici line for about 3 years now and am still thirsty for more. I am also willing to help members of the Henrici family in their own research. Some of the Surnames are:
HENRICI, HOKIANGA, STUART, HAWKINS, BROUGHTON, HILL, HUATA, HORNE, BUTCHER, ARANUI, BOWRING, and many more.

Posted : 28 July, 2005 4:27 pm
ikaptm OWC
(@ikaptm-owc)

kia ora

I have whanau who married into the Bowring whanau. These cousins always visited Bowen Town, I believe their father (Henry Moana Bowring)and his many brothers had a connection to that area.
Is this the same whanau... if so would be happy to pass this on to them...

???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 July, 2005 1:45 am
kiwihastings1 OWC
(@kiwihastings1-owc)

Hi

Thank you, yes they are one and the same family. It is a rather large family, one of the Bowring descendants died just recently actually. So passing this message on would be much appreciated.
Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 July, 2005 7:07 am
ikaptm OWC
(@ikaptm-owc)

Hi there

I have checked out your geneology page... awesome... the Bowring whanau that I spoke of is on your page though some of the details are wrong... if you send me your email I'll pass on the correct info.

But a wonderfully easy page to navigate... congrads on all your hard won knowledge...

kia ora
ikaptm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 August, 2005 9:17 pm
heidi OWC
(@heidi-owc)

Could you please let me know who has died? My mother is a Bowring...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 August, 2005 5:58 pm
newgurl OWC
(@newgurl-owc)

Hello, I am looking for information on the Bowring whanau. In particular I'm looking for a man named Philip Bowring. All I know is that his parents lives or lived up north. If any body could help me to find him please let me know.
Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 10:28 am
horibop2000 OWC
(@horibop2000-owc)

CHECK OUT A PLACE CALLED RUPUNGA IN BETWEEN NAPIER AND WAIROA YOU WILL FIND ALL ABOUT YOUR WHANAU ADOLF HENRICI{THEY ARE GERMAN}THE ARANUI&HUATAS& HAWKINS STILL LIVE THERE.THEY MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 January, 2006 5:00 pm
kiwihastings1 OWC
(@kiwihastings1-owc)

Thanks, are you related to Danny and Tui TeWhaiti in Hastings? I am a good friend of their son Jason.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 January, 2006 6:57 pm
lee OWC
(@lee-owc)

Kia ora, I am of Broughton descent. I've been searching high and low for any information about them. All I know is my nan was Pirihia Broughton she married Te Oke Whare Grace. Her parents were Te Otina Ruru and James or Edward James Broughton. I think he was born about 1890 in Heretaunga Hastings, is he possibly part of your whakapapa? None of the aunts or uncles seem to know anything about him, for instance his bro's or sis's, nothing.Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2006 2:07 pm
kiwihastings1 OWC
(@kiwihastings1-owc)

Hi Lee
I wish I could help you on this one, I don't have your family, however I do have alot of gaps etc on that line. So maybe sooner or later. Sorry, I hope you do find something soon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2006 2:29 pm
Dale Ennor OWC
(@dale-ennor-owc)

Hi just thought I would pop in and let you all know that S.Horne and I have been in contact, I am from the Hawkins in Mohaka she helped me out heaps, and her website is awesome. Neat to find another cuzzy. Awesome thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2006 6:32 pm
jandikahukura OWC
(@jandikahukura-owc)

Hows it
My names ivena and i just wana say that your henrici site is awesome ive looked at it more than once and told alot of people about itand i just want to let u know that a have a photo of NihiPolarus Henrici a daughter of Adolphus and Ropine Hinemare its only a photo copy as one of my nannys who passed had the original if you have not got it and would like to let me know
Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 April, 2006 1:44 am
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Kia ora

I was on here the other day and met a guy who is a henrici, we are both from Mohaka Ngati Pahauwera wich i guess you are too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2006 3:22 pm
Nga Hau e Wha OWC
(@nga-hau-e-wha-owc)

Hello I have put in the name Paratene and Broughton in maori.org and it has come up with a posting you made.

My Great Grandmother is Roka Hone Hinga and her brother is Paratene Hone Hinga.

I have seen the name Paratene being searched in the forums but could not make a connection until a relative said today the name Paratene is in our family as a first name because in the past this was the way names were passed down by Maori from each generation.

The father of
Paratene Hone Hinga
was
Hone Tiwhi Paratene
who married
Akiniki Waata Mohi.

Akinihi's parents were

Waata Mohi
Roka Karaparapa

My Gt Grandmonther Roka Hone Hinga married Heteraka Henare and finally settled at Unahi Rd, Waimononi, where she passed away in 1959.

Paratene Hone Hinga married Maata Paneere and also lived at Unahi Rd with their family.

I have been told the family have ties at Ahipara, Oturu, Waimononi and Pakohou. If you can link us to your Paratene line that would be great. Awaiting you reply with anticiaption.

~ I am but a babe still drinking milk. Tell me when will I know to stand as a kauri? ~

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2006 1:35 am
Share: