Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HEPERI.....Great-great great grandparents  

RSS
Bek_Love OWC
(@bek_love-owc)

I wanting to find out info on my family The Heperi's...some of them live in Hamilton...i want to know about our family history???

Posted : 24 May, 2005 3:02 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe Bek_Love,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and do a full search for Heperi, you will find a few people with the Heperi surname, a few listings where the name Heperi is as well as a website that has info on the Heperi Whanau.

Another option is to go to http://www.familysearch.org, put Heperi in the surname, set the country to New Zealand and search there. There are a few records there that may help you put things together. Note though: Not all information in the familysearch site is accurate, but it is a good place to start

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2005 1:15 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

The whanau Heperi I know come from Ruapeka Marae (Rangimaria) at Tapapa from sub-tribe of Ngati Tukorehe. The marae is on Old Friends site under Waikato Marae. - Ruapeka

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 February, 2006 6:42 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

The Heperi mentioned I have connections thru my G G G G G G ancestor who had a brother called Tauri who had a great great grandson called Heperi Matiaha
It's from this ancestor the Heperi's descend from back home.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 February, 2006 6:52 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

They come down from the ancestor Tuwhakarara - Punoke all one from home.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 July, 2006 7:59 pm
brienne91 OWC
(@brienne91-owc)

hi my name is brienne heperi, as far as i know, the heperi family comes from the Nga Puhi tribe but am not sure of which hapu (sub-tribe). if you knoew that, that would be such a great help for me becuase there are about 150 sub-tribes.

umm i think that one of our heperi ancestors signed the treaty of waitangi but now i have been looking i don't think there is.

Another big name is hohepa heperi. he was a high priest in a morman church. and he was good friends with hone heke and owns sacred land with him which is not allowed to be subdived for historical reasons i think. his father was piripi heperi. if you know anything about piripi heperi could you please tell, it would be a great help.

i think alot of the heperi family's originate from the area of kaikohe. but i'm not sure. and then i think alot of them either moved to hamilton or waihou

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2006 4:55 pm
Share: