Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HETARAKA, Katarina  

RSS
Elsie OWC
(@elsie-owc)

I am lookingfor my great/gr/mother on my dads side.Katarina was married to Aperahama Komene Manuera,would appreciate any info.
Kia Ora

Posted : 11 April, 2005 2:15 pm
shannon OWC
(@shannon-owc)

Kia Ora Elsie
Was Aperehama's surname Komene or Manuera?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 2:59 pm
Elsie OWC
(@elsie-owc)

Nga mihi o te tau hou e Shannon,
Yes Aperahama Komene are the first and second names and Manuera is the surname.For some reason the Manuera was dropped, which left me rather confused,because I'm was looking for Aperahama Komene.So I went back to Waimahana to ask whanau and thats all the info they had.Thank you for your response.
Na Elsie.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 April, 2005 10:51 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Elsie,

If you make sure that you are at the new Whakapapa Club ( http://whakapapa.maori.org.nz) on the drop down menu is "Maori Naming Conventions", that explains how names change depending on the century - check out the 1800's - early 1900's which will cover your situation.

Also, while you are at the Whakapapa Club, click also on "Full Search" as there are entries for Manuera. I am not too sure if they are your whanau, bit worth checking out.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 April, 2005 1:53 pm
Share: