Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HINGA trying to link these to Roka Hinga  

RSS
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Roka HINGA was born approx 1889 in Waimononi Far North.

Meri (F)
(b)1812 Auckland

Hinepe (F)
(d) 1700

Matilda (F)
(b) 1921 Tologa Bay
(d) 1995

Te Tiwha Pikirapu (M)
(b) 11 Nov 1911 Hawera Taranaki
(d) 5 Mar 1989 Hawera
Burial: Ohangi Meremere

Meri (F)
(b) 1815 Waimate Nth

Matire Te Hinga (F)
(b) 1810 Wellington
(d) 16 Sep 1906 Wellington

Tuihana Ueka (F)
(b) 1842

Te Hinga Ote Ra (M)
(b) 1478

Te Hinga (M)
(b) 1765

Te Hinga (F)
(b) 1810 Waikato

Te Hinga (F)
(b) 1857 Otaki Wellington

Hinga Te Rangi (M)
(b) 1651 Te Arawa tribe

Posted : 21 July, 2006 6:28 pm
Hinga Whanau
(@hinga-whanau)

Kia ora,

I wonder if the Hinga line from Taranaki might be able to shed some light on these names. I would be very interested to see. I know there are Hinga's in the Wellington region also (since I lived a few streets away from one) and maybe their input would help also. As Hohaia says "The further you whakapapa back - we are all related"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 July, 2006 1:32 am
Nga Hau e Wha OWC
(@nga-hau-e-wha-owc)

Yes can't wait till they start knocking on the door!! Just like saying strangers may only be friends we haven't met yet?

The net is out... and the smallest fish will still be welcome and appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 July, 2006 11:54 am
Eminent Member

Please gives us some meat on the bones of the fish....

Can you help with MIHI PEKA HINGA??

Ngatimurukahara marries Mihi Peka Hinga

1. Is Murukahara from Pandora whenua?
2. Where is Mihi from? Any dates? Names of children?
3. Was Muru's second wife a Paneere from Te Poroporo?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 July, 2006 12:31 pm
Mikaere OWC
(@mikaere-owc)

Kia Ora Ngati Kuri.
Mihi Peka Hinga was the first wife to Rewiri Hongi Hika who was a decendant of Hongi Hika and a Maori Chief of Ngatimurukahara. Rewiri and Mihi had one son, Rewiri Murupaenga who was born in 1860 at Te Hapua and died in Te Hapua on May 28th 1928. Rewiri's wife was Emily Jobe (Emiri Hopa) the daughter of Thomas Hopa and Erina Hehi Paiuta. Emily (Emiri) was born in Pukepoto and died in 1917 in Te Hapua. I'm sorry i don't have the dates or whereabouts of Mihi Peka Hinga. My grandmother (Mihi Peka Murupaenga) was named after her. I do know that many of the old people from Te Rarawa and Ngati Kuri have some knowledge of her people.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 December, 2006 5:17 pm
Mikaere OWC
(@mikaere-owc)

Harata Paneere was the second wife to Rewiri Hongi Hika. There children were Nauma, Karanui, Panoro, Komene and Terekia. Nauma's wife was Makinihi Waitai and Karanui's wife was Harriet Herewini. I should also mention that Rewiri Murupaenga had a second wife after Emily Jobe. Her name was Maata Waitai. They had five children whereas Rewiri and Emily had eight children.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 December, 2006 6:11 pm
Eminent Member

Kapai
Kia Ora Mikaere for your postings

Will you bre heading north for our Ngati Kuri Kotahitanga this 31 Dec 2006 - 03 Jan 2007?? See details under the Forum Family Reunion & also Wananga here in maori.org.nz and on www.ngatikuri.tk

Arohamai
Rozita

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 December, 2006 12:29 pm
Share: