Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HIRA TAI MOHI and TE WHENUA MATIU  

RSS
calm1 OWC
(@calm1-owc)

Kia Ora Koutou. I am looking for info about the siblings of Hira TAI MOHI(Ruatahuna) and his wife,Te Whenua MATIU(Te Waimana) I am of the belief they were from these places. They had a son, Koroua who took the surname TAI and married Tereita TE AWAHOU. They had a son Te Whiu or affectionately known as Ike or Foxy(my father) who married Margaret Marino (my mother).
If this following information allows anyone to remember siblings of my Greats, anything will be so much appreciated !!!
In 1988 during Xmas a Tai/Tamehana reunion was held at Waioweka Marae, Opotiki. There were alot of whanau from Ruatahuna there and because I was the only one pregnant at the time( or with the next generation) myself and one other uri had the privilege of cutting the cake. I believe our reunions are every 2 years and the next one after that was at Mourea( correct me if I am wrong) so hope this info sparks someones memory.
Kia Ora

Edited by - calm1 on Jul 20 2007 4:50:11 PM

Posted : 20 July, 2007 4:46 pm
Share: