Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HOETE, Martha Victoria  

RSS
kotare OWC
(@kotare-owc)

Married Herman Jacob Beck abt 1873, had 9 children, b.Thames (possibly)
married Thames, lived Waihi, Rotorua, Taumaranui, buried Taumaranui, involved with sawmill there.also lived Maketu, (I think) chuildren named Laura, Daisy(m. Olaf, Holgerson),Annie (m.Bradcock),Katy (m.Smith), David (m.Queenie Douglas)-my g.parents, Lena (

m.Duffy),Johnny who went to Oz, 2 others, poss. Alan and Charles.
No success after several years of research, grateful for any leads, many thanks

Posted : 29 January, 2006 7:06 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora

If you go to http://www.familysearch.org then click on search and put Hoete in the Last Name and set the country to New Zealand you will find a record for Martha as well as other records for the Hoete Whanau.

through those records you may be able to find a bit for info!

Note: not all info in the familysearch site is accurate, but it is a good place to start.

Also, make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and do a search there for Hoete - there are a few records and may give you some more leads!

Good Luck

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 June, 2006 3:39 pm
kotare OWC
(@kotare-owc)

Kia Ora Poutokomanawa,
Thank you for your advice, I have already searched the family search site but still cannot find any links, also thru the whakapapa club. However, will keep trying! Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 July, 2006 10:11 am
Malena OWC
(@malena-owc)

hi there kotare its Malena, Val and Elden's grand-daughter i hav'nt found out much else yet and i to am looking up on about my family about Martha Hoete cause i would like to know about my maori side. I hope you got my email i sent you my grandmas cell phone and home number so you could contact her if you wanted. 🙂

much love Malena Edwina Fountain

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 February, 2007 5:00 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora kotare

Not able to help you, arohamai.

I'm descendant to my tupuna
te korohiko married maata(abt 1700)any info appreciated.

Good luck & all the best to yours

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 February, 2007 10:27 pm
kotare OWC
(@kotare-owc)

Hello {Pono,
Thankyou for your response and for trying to help me. I dont suppose you know of Wiremu Hoete? (who I believe to be related to Maata)?
Good luck with your searching and thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2007 6:42 am
kotare OWC
(@kotare-owc)

Hello Malena,
I have sent an email to you, so hope you got it ok. Let me know,
love Kotare

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2007 6:44 am
Share: