Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HOGBEN, George - DOBSON, Emily  

RSS
Louise Riches OWC
(@louise-riches-owc)

HOGBEN, George - He was my Great Uncle and married DOBSON, Emily in 1885. Any information on either of them would be grateful. Thank you!

Also Florence Hogben (sister to George) was my Nana and had a 2 sons. The eldest Jack Riches who married a maori princess from Rotorua...I only just found this out and have no relatives left who knew any of this. Hope you can help, Lou.

Posted : 18 September, 2005 5:09 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

What is her name? (maori princess)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 September, 2005 3:56 pm
Louise Riches OWC
(@louise-riches-owc)

Hi Huiabird, I don't know her name for sure. I have a feeling it was Ruth. My uncle Jack Riches was born between 1910 and 1919. His father's name was Cecil and mother's name Florence.

Uncle Jack moved to NZ when he was around 25 and married her. They had 3 or 4 children who's names I don't know either. I only just found out that I had an Uncle! My dad was born in 1920 (Frank Hubert Riches) and grew up seperately from Jack. My dad was the only one that would of known her name and he's passed away now, so I guess I'm going to hafta do this all the hard way!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 10:11 pm
Share: