Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HOHAIA Lucy  

RSS
Kiritopa OWC
(@kiritopa-owc)

i am looking for this connection for my wife hu has just recently found out is her tupuna. she married however a deli; whanau name Jelicic. all we know about lucy is that she is ngapuhi a decendant of patuone and waka nene. i would love to find some whakapapa to give her so she is connected to her Maori side.

Posted : 26 May, 2007 9:42 pm
copycatdog OWC
(@copycatdog-owc)

Kia Ora Kiritopa,
There are two books that will be beneficial to you. One is "Bay Of Islands" by Jack Lee and the other is "Hokianga" by Jack Lee. They both give Whakapapa for Patuone and Waka Nene.
Here's how the Whakapapa goes According to Jack Lee,
Rahiri=Ahuaiti
Uenukukuare=Kareariki
Maikuku=Huatakaroa
Tera=Whakakopapa
Kamama=Papatu
Papaora
Ripia=Takare
TAPUA=KAWEHAU
They had,
Patuone(Eruera Maihi)-Nene (Tamati Waaka)-Tari.
Now this is the line down from Rahiri to KAWEHAU.
Rahiri=Whakaruru
Kaharau=Houtaringa
Taurapoho=Ruakiwhiria
Mahiapoake=Te Hau
Nga Hue=Tautahi
Te Wairua=Wharetoru
Te Ngawa=Kuta
Te Patu
Tua
KAWEHAU=TAPUA
and you know the rest.
I hope this helps bro.
Steve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 May, 2007 9:36 pm
copycatdog OWC
(@copycatdog-owc)

Kia Ora Ano,
The name of the bookshop that I got these two books from is McLeods Booksellers Rotorua. You can go to thier website and order them and they are half the price ($30) than anywhere else. Thier website is www.mcleodsbooks.co.nz
Ano,
Steve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 May, 2007 9:54 pm
Kiritopa OWC
(@kiritopa-owc)

mauri ora copycatdog. thanx heaps e hoa this gives me a solid platform to work from.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2007 7:59 pm
DrBenjaminPittman OWC
(@drbenjaminpittman-owc)

Although there is a lot more to come, I have put a lot of tatai related to my great-great grandfather Patuone on my official website: http://www.patuone.com

There is a lot of wrong and confused information floating around.

Benjamin
================
Dr Benjamin Pittman
Site Administrator, Patuone.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January, 2008 2:12 pm
Share: