Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HOHAIA, Te Tane  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Robyn Reihana OWC
(@robyn-reihana-owc)

I am in the process of tracing my grandmothers
whakapapa back to her grandparents Te Tane Hohaia
and Te Amohia Moetitoke Taimona.

Our whanau would greatly appreciate any information about the children they had. The following is how our whanau is linked.......

Te Tane Hohaia = Te Amohia Moetitoke Taimona

The parents of Te Amohia Moetitoke Taimona were Kareko Taimona and Erana Te Moananui Wooru.

Te Tane and Te Amohia Moetitoke had a daughter Heni Hohaia who married Tema Netana Kaihu also known as Renata Netana Patuawa. Heni and Tema had a daughter Matekino Netana. Matekino was raised with her grandparents Ratima Netana Patuawa and Waimarama (nee Emery)in Maropiu. Matekino married Bob Beazley and raised their family in Pakotai.

http://groups.msn.com/RobertandMatekinoBeazleyWhanau/shoebox.msnw

My nana passed away in 1995 and never knew of her Hohaia whanau or where here mother was buried. I am hoping that one day someone may be able to guide us in the direction to where her mother rests.

Edited by - Robyn Reihana on Jan 26 2007 05:59:50 AM

Edited by - Robyn Reihana on Jan 27 2007 11:44:44 PM

Posted : 26 January, 2007 5:56 am
nikki OWC
(@nikki-owc)

Kia ora Robyn. The Hohaia's are a big whanau out Taranaki Tuturu (around the coast of Taranaki). Trying Parihaka Pa may be one of your best bets. Te Miringa Hohaia there would be a good one to contact. Best of luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 February, 2007 7:30 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koe Robyn,

My great grandmother Ria Hohaia and Te Tane Hohaia were sister and brother.

na Hohaia Hakaraia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2007 2:40 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Kia ora,
My information is that there were 15 children to this marriage 9 male 6 female. I have the whakapapa of the above and also Kareko who has 5 aliases. The Wooru name is from Capt Wolf an alias of capt Cunningham.
Kia ora .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 February, 2007 7:44 pm
Snow Tane OWC
(@snow-tane-owc)

Tena Koe Robyn, My name is Taoho Tane. My Father was Percy Tane Hohaia. His father was Mekene Tane Hohaia. His father was Te Tane Hohaia and his mother was Te Amohia Taimona. Te Amohia is my great grandmother and she is buried at Roiho Urupa, (Pakanae) Opononi, South Hokianga. She is buried next to her husband Te Tane Hohaia. Te Amohia is of Ngati Wharara descent a sub tribe of Ngapuhi. Te Tane Hohaia was from Tauwhara which is near Waimate North, Bay of Islands. Today you will find lots of Hohaia's and some Tane's in this area. My grandfathers (Mekene) uri have a whanau farm which is south of the Hokianga at a beautiful place called Waikara and are a part of Te Roroa, Ngati Korokoro and Ngati Wharara. Our Marae there is called Waikara our urupa is called Whakarongotai. This is where my grandfather, Mekene and my father are buried. Te Amohia's Taimona whanau now go by the surname Daimond. The Daimond whanau marae is Te Kai Waha which is just south of Omapere, South Hokianga.
In regards to your Netana Patuawa whanau their Marae is Taita Marae which is in Maramanui which is north of Dargaville. Their urupa is Maitahi which is just down the road from the marae. The Netana Patuawa whanau has another marae in the Waipoua Forest. This is called Matatina and the urupa is called Pahinui. The reason I know this whanau is because my mother is closely related to this whanau. If you need more info please call me on 094398345. I am always pleased to be in contact with whanau that I have not met before.
Naku noa
Taoho Tane

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 February, 2007 8:46 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora ano Robyn,

were your biological grandparents William [Bill] Beazley and Mavis Te Ata Brown?
Robert [Bob] Beazley and Matekino Nathan [Netana adopted your mum?

na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 February, 2007 12:47 pm
pataria OWC
(@pataria-owc)

Does anyone know if this whanau is related to Netana Hohaia please

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2007 7:42 pm
Robyn Reihana OWC
(@robyn-reihana-owc)

quote:

Kia ora ano Robyn,

were your biological grandparents William [Bill] Beazley and Mavis Te Ata Brown?
Robert [Bob] Beazley and Matekino Nathan [Netana adopted your mum?

na Hohaia.

Tena koe Hohaia

Thank you very much for your response it has been quite some time since my last login and having read the posts I am so grateful for the information that has been provided.

Yes Bill and Mavis are my biological grandparents, they adopted out two daughters to Bob and Matekino my mother waana and her sister venizia. Bob and Bill were brothers. At the time Bill and Mavis had many children, and my papa Bob and nana Matekino had only one son, Alfred. As a result of many misscarriages my nana was unable to have any more children after Alfred so they adopted and fostered their children. My grandparents bought their children up in Pakotai in a house my papa built after returning home from the war, sadly our papa kainga was burnt in a fire last November.

Thank you - Robyn

Edited by - Robyn Reihana on Mar 31 2007 12:27:58 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2007 6:13 am
Robyn Reihana OWC
(@robyn-reihana-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Robyn. The Hohaia's are a big whanau out Taranaki Tuturu (around the coast of Taranaki). Trying Parihaka Pa may be one of your best bets. Te Miringa Hohaia there would be a good one to contact. Best of luck!

Kia ora Nikki

Thank you very much for your response, I have been offline for some time now so aroha mai for my late reply.

Do you have a contact phone number or email for Te Miringa Hohaia?

Thank you - Robyn

Edited by - Robyn Reihana on Mar 31 2007 12:25:44 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2007 11:59 am
Robyn Reihana OWC
(@robyn-reihana-owc)

quote:

Tena Koe Robyn, My name is Taoho Tane. My Father was Percy Tane Hohaia. His father was Mekene Tane Hohaia. His father was Te Tane Hohaia and his mother was Te Amohia Taimona. Te Amohia is my great grandmother and she is buried at Roiho Urupa, (Pakanae) Opononi, South Hokianga. She is buried next to her husband Te Tane Hohaia. Te Amohia is of Ngati Wharara descent a sub tribe of Ngapuhi. Te Tane Hohaia was from Tauwhara which is near Waimate North, Bay of Islands. Today you will find lots of Hohaia's and some Tane's in this area. My grandfathers (Mekene) uri have a whanau farm which is south of the Hokianga at a beautiful place called Waikara and are a part of Te Roroa, Ngati Korokoro and Ngati Wharara. Our Marae there is called Waikara our urupa is called Whakarongotai. This is where my grandfather, Mekene and my father are buried. Te Amohia's Taimona whanau now go by the surname Daimond. The Daimond whanau marae is Te Kai Waha which is just south of Omapere, South Hokianga.
In regards to your Netana Patuawa whanau their Marae is Taita Marae which is in Maramanui which is north of Dargaville. Their urupa is Maitahi which is just down the road from the marae. The Netana Patuawa whanau has another marae in the Waipoua Forest. This is called Matatina and the urupa is called Pahinui. The reason I know this whanau is because my mother is closely related to this whanau. If you need more info please call me on 094398345. I am always pleased to be in contact with whanau that I have not met before.
Naku noa
Taoho Tane

Kia ora Taoho

Thank you soooooo much for the information my mum was over the moon after her phone call to you. You have restored our faith to keep searching for more links to my nanas whakapapa.

We will wait to hear from you in the near future on dates for the wananga.

Thank you - Robyn

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2007 3:58 pm
Robyn Reihana OWC
(@robyn-reihana-owc)

quote:

Kia ora,
My information is that there were 15 children to this marriage 9 male 6 female. I have the whakapapa of the above and also Kareko who has 5 aliases. The Wooru name is from Capt Wolf an alias of capt Cunningham.
Kia ora .

Tena koe Superbee

Thank you for your information in regards to my nanas whakapapa. Are you able to tell me the names of the children? I only have the names on 13 children one of which was my nanas mother (Heni Tane Hohaia or Heni Tane). Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you - Robyn

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2007 4:07 pm
newmtd
(@newmtd)

Kia ora Robyn,

You're doing well, I'm thrilled for you and mum and your aunties. Make sure you get as much info out of your uncle Ruki about his Taimona connections as well.

Keep up the good work.
Aunty Marg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2008 11:21 pm
newmtd
(@newmtd)

quote:

Kia ora,
Kia ora .

Kia ora Superbee,
My great grandmother was one of those 15 - her name is Ngapire, she married Hiki Hohua Haretana (Dunn) from Waiwhatawhata, Hokianga. I am keen to know more of this whakapapa. While I have some knowledge of the whakapapa and uri, there is still much that I don't know. Up until a year ago, I was under the impression Robyn and her aunts were linked to me through marriage only. How amazing to discover it's in fact a blood link. I appreciate any help with the Taimona whakapapa. There was a reunion some time back at Te Whakamaharatanga, Waimamaku. To my knowledge, there was no reunion book.
Always appreciative,
Margaret Hauraki

Edited by - newmtd on Mar 22 2008 4:05:59 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2008 11:56 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Kia ora, I have sent you my email. I have the Dunn descent line to Edward Dunn: and the descent line to his partner Hapainga Tipene and another line to Tiro his partner.

Kia ora Pi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2008 9:37 pm
newmtd
(@newmtd)

quote:

Kia ora, I have sent you my email. I have the Dunn descent line to Edward Dunn: and the descent line to his partner Hapainga Tipene and another line to Tiro his partner.

Kia ora Pi

Kia ora e Pi,
my email address is m.hauraki@xnet.co.nz, can you please resend whatever you sent, or email me again. I've been on to my ISP after having lost some other email sent to me. All appears to be fixed and working now. Look forward to your korero.

na Margaret

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 March, 2008 11:22 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: