Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HOHAPATA PAREKURA (JIM)  

RSS
venus OWC
(@venus-owc)

Need help trying to trace my whakapapa on Jim Hohapata I know that he was educated at Otamauru an Owhataiti Schools an also attended St Stevens College.He was a expert in Maori Myth an Genealogy,he was a great Orator in both languages.In 1921 not long back from college he and his uncle Tutua formed the Paroa Club and Jim was President-Secretary for over 20 years.He married his wife Maudie in 1923(not queit sure of her maiden name) they had 16 children one of whom was my father Tau Hohapata.Jim died of bad health in 11/11.1965 and Maudie predeceased him in 1951,they lie togeather at Paroa urupa.If any one has any information I would greatly appreciate it I can trace this back on the Hall side but need to know more on the Hohapata side...

Posted : 27 November, 2006 8:09 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Tu ake ana ahau iki te upoko o toku tupuna ko Hohapata! Takahuri ko Panapa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 November, 2006 11:44 am
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Need help trying to trace my whakapapa on Jim Hohapata I know that he was educated at Otamauru an Owhataiti Schools an also attended St Stevens College.He was a expert in Maori Myth an Genealogy,he was a great Orator in both languages.In 1921 not long back from college he and his uncle Tutua formed the Paroa Club and Jim was President-Secretary for over 20 years.He married his wife Maudie in 1923(not queit sure of her maiden name) they had 16 children one of whom was my father Tau Hohapata.Jim died of bad health in 11/11.1965 and Maudie predeceased him in 1951,they lie togeather at Paroa urupa.If any one has any information I would greatly appreciate it I can trace this back on the Hall side but need to know more on the Hohapata side...

Anei tetahi kawai taotahi mo te whanau nei.

Apanui Ringamutu = Kiritapu
Kahurautao = Te Rangipaanga
Toakina = Hinetito
Te Hokahoka = Werahiko
Te Auparu = Werahiko II
Ngakautotitoti = Tamatamaarangi
Ngamane = Haki Roihana
Tunoa Roihana = Kuwaha Bluett
Ngamane Bluett = Hemi Hohapata

Ko nga tamariki o te tokorua nei, ko Rangihoea Ratahi, Helen Gillies, Remana Davidson, Mere Tahei Te Aika, Mihikore Tokana, Kiriwera Baker, Patricia Merito, Edwina Head, Ropiha Hoahapata, Tauoteawa Hohapata, Tuterangi Hohapata, Joe Hohapata, John Hohapata me James Hohapata.

Ki taku nei mohio, kai te whakatipu to papa e Patuwahine Arapeta i Omaio. Kai te whakatipu a James e te whanau Ranapia kai Whakatane.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 January, 2007 9:28 pm
venus OWC
(@venus-owc)

Kia ora thank you very much for this information I appreciate the input that you have given.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2007 8:31 pm
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

Kia ora Venus i to would like to know a bit more of the hohapata line would be great if we could hook up sometime you can contact me at mtaniere@yahoo.co.nz and well catch up with our past whanau as i come off haira hohapata line.till then ka kite ano toku whanaunga

[color=#00ff00][b](b)[/b][/color]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2007 9:25 am
Share: