Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HOHAPATA, Haira  

RSS
mroderick OWC
(@mroderick-owc)

Kia Ora, I am looking for the iwi and hapu of my great grandfather x3, Haira Hohapata, He was a brother to Panapa Hohapata. We have traced his Nga Ruahine whakapapa back but we have been told that he was from Ngati Ruanui? We would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Posted : 10 July, 2005 4:34 pm
chaz OWC
(@chaz-owc)

His people were in mamaranui/kaihu Dargaville with Panapa Hohapata whanau. Today the whanau there are panapa. The marae is ahikiwi marae

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 March, 2007 8:14 pm
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

kia ora the panapa and the haira whanau stay up here in the district of kaihu and dargaville im am a descendent of haira hohapata how may i help you?

[color=#00ff00][b](b)[/b][/color]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 2:04 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Tena kotou i am a descendant of Panapa Hohapata

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 2:31 pm
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

kia ora whanau where bouts are you im in Takiwera im the son of Jack Daniels and Queenie Matthews ko Michael Taniere taku ingoa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2007 7:41 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Born and bred in Vegas

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2007 10:29 pm
no subs OWC
(@no-subs-owc)

Kia Ora,

Haira & Panapa Hohapata
Ngati Ruanui
Te Atiawa
Taranaki
According to my grandfather Bishop Wiremu Panapa, Haira was married to Ngatowai Teao Mamaku also known as Ripeka and they had three, one was Parata Haira the other two I don't know.
Parata had a son called Rima Haira and a lady called Mary Stevens is connected, sorry I have no addresses.
Haira died and Panapa married Ngatowai and they had 12 children, hopefully someone can make a connection with this and provide you more info.
Ka kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 June, 2007 4:43 pm
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

kia Ora for your tautoko no subs, you nearly got it,Haira had Parata, Rihi and Wharemate. Whare had Rima who was the brother to my grandmother hope this helps you Sometimes tatai is put in the wrong place and thru eachothers help we can all help set it in its rightful place for others to follow the right path no reira kia kaha toku hoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2007 9:43 am
Share: