Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HOHEPA, Papanui Turei  

RSS
KRM OWC
(@krm-owc)

Trying to find out information about my Dad.

He was adopted into the Mackie whanau and was given the name Robert (Bob) Turei Mackie. He grew up in Rotorua.

All I know is he was born in Putararu in 1947.
His birth name was Papanui Turei Hohepa II or III.

Posted : 30 June, 2005 7:24 pm
joannebg121 OWC
(@joannebg121-owc)

Hay! My father, the late Pene Turei Hohepa. As i can recall had a younger brother who was adopted out to the Mackie family. I had met him once when i was small in Newcastle, Australia. Knew him as 'Uncle Bobby'. If that sounds familiar, I can find out more from my mum and from dads family.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2005 10:29 pm
julzbabe1 OWC
(@julzbabe1-owc)

hi there i am the daughter of my dad korota titoko turei hohepa who is the eldest of the 4 brothers and 1 sister yes your dad was adopted if you would like photos or get in touch with me you can call me on 0212046559 would love to chat and hopefully meet up so you can meet the rest of his nieces and nephews kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2007 10:32 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Papanui Hohepa i know one who is buried at Ngapuna

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 10:22 am
julzbabe1 OWC
(@julzbabe1-owc)

uncle bob is the baby te aurere nee matene is the eldest and only girl the boys my dad korota titoko eldest then mamatariki aka moses then pene or ben was next they are all deceased now xcept bobby who i believe is in aussie sum where. the children from teaurere stays in pokeno we live in manukau and rotorua moses never had children but adopted a boy john who lives in aussie with my aunty mihi ben`s children lives in papatoetoe and up the road from me. so yes keep in touch was great to get your text message looking forward to meeting you my email you should have is julzbabe1@hotmail.com
kia ora
julz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2007 9:44 pm
Share: