Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HOKIANGA, Kehoma: 1800's  

RSS
TeRaina OWC
(@teraina-owc)

Hi,

I'm searching my 2xgreat grandfathers line, Kehoma Hokianga. I've just found out that he had a first wife before my 2xgreat grandmother, Hana Henrici.

From Mohaka, he had a son named PENI to his first wife, HOHI.

Would love more information about any lines which come from Kehoma whose parents were Miriama and Te Aporo (?).

Have searched www.familysearch.org but the information there is pretty scattered and differs.

My line...

Miriama = Te Aporo
Kehoma Hokianga = Hana Henrici
Kehoma Waaka Hokianga = Te Wahanga Te Atua
Henare Te Atua Hokianga = Raina Ropiha
Hera Hinerohi Hokianga = Patrick Davidson
Te Raina Te Rangi Koiaanake Davidson = Rueben Ihaia

Posted : 27 May, 2005 11:28 am
jandikahukura OWC
(@jandikahukura-owc)

my name is ivena smith im archie smiths daughter
i am a descendant of kehoma hokianga

my line

Kehoma Hokianga - Hana Henrici
Kehoma Hokianga - Te Wahanga Hinerohi Te Atua
Raina Te Rangikoianake Hokianga - Rupene Erueti
Patricia Tearanui Hinerohi - Ivan Emia

as you can see the names i have are a bit differant to yours but still the same people hope it comes in handy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2005 10:46 pm
TeRaina OWC
(@teraina-owc)

Hi Ivena,

Yes the names are the same. You come from Raina Te Rangikoianake's line? Is Rupene Erueti a second or first marriage for Raina Te Rangikoianake?

I have her line for the Haronga's but not the line you come from.

Would really appreciate more information from you.

Thank you,
Te Raina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 June, 2005 12:21 am
jandikahukura OWC
(@jandikahukura-owc)

Hi

Rupene Erueti was her first husband
, my nannys father.
I dont know what other info to give you because you've probably already have it all

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 June, 2005 1:58 am
TeRaina OWC
(@teraina-owc)

hi,

Thanks for your info. I do have the info in my grandfathers whakapapa books (raina's brother), but unfortunately I don't have access to them yet.

Thanks for all your help anyway. I think I am 2nd cousin to your father/mother?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 June, 2005 2:21 am
jandikahukura OWC
(@jandikahukura-owc)

Hi TeRaina just wanted to know how you are getting on with your search

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 July, 2005 10:42 pm
TeRaina OWC
(@teraina-owc)

Hi Ivena,

I'm getting there thanks! I just returned from Porangahau and was able to have a brief look at my grandfathers work....

I was able to find your name amongst it all after some debate with my mother that Aunty Raina had two husbands!

Will let you know how I get on

Te Raina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 July, 2005 7:58 pm
jandikahukura OWC
(@jandikahukura-owc)

i was talkig to my nanny they call her teddy and she knows your mum she was surprised to know that i was chatting to you on the net, well good luck in your search

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 July, 2005 3:38 am
Trevina OWC
(@trevina-owc)

Kia Ora Koutou My Name is Trevina mcdonald (nee) Hokianga And im from Hastings my line is

Kehoma Hokianga - Hana henrici
Captain Taranaki - Mere Teawhi Anderson
Horace Hokianga - Keti Ratima (Anaru)
myrtle Hokianga - Ralph Ward
Trevina Mcdonald nee Hokianga - Mark Mcdonald

it will be nice if you can help me fill in the gaps i dont know the names of captain taranaki and your grand father kehoma the second's brothers and sisters and there children.

can u tell us how nanny Whakatangitamahine comes in? and nanny Terauoriwa? thnx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 August, 2005 10:49 pm
mohaka_man OWC
(@mohaka_man-owc)

Kia Ora Koutou,
my name is brian i thiught i would share a little imformation with you about Kehoma...his first wife was Hohi Te Kohuhara to whom he had 3 children...Pene Kohema...Amiria...and Hepora . Hana Henrici is also referred to as Hana Matenga in the old whakapapa charts of my whanau from Mohaka...their children are named as being:
Tuta who married Kena
Te Oti who married Mako Te Aho
Rina who married Karanema Wairoa
Pat
Tamihana who married Tangora Kapai,
Jack Aporo who married Mei Haturina
Ariha
Hamiora
Kehoma who married Erena Panapana
i have met Kehoma's grand daughter in Upper Hutt,she is now 83 yrs old and am to see her again in the near future.
te Aporo's father was Hui te Ao who was married to Te Rahui but i'm sure you have this imfo so won't go on....
hope the above has been of help to you
ka kite

quote:

Hi,

I'm searching my 2xgreat grandfathers line, Kehoma Hokianga. I've just found out that he had a first wife before my 2xgreat grandmother, Hana Henrici.

From Mohaka, he had a son named PENI to his first wife, HOHI.

Would love more information about any lines which come from Kehoma whose parents were Miriama and Te Aporo (?).

Have searched www.familysearch.org but the information there is pretty scattered and differs.

My line...

Miriama = Te Aporo
Kehoma Hokianga = Hana Henrici
Kehoma Waaka Hokianga = Te Wahanga Te Atua
Henare Te Atua Hokianga = Raina Ropiha
Hera Hinerohi Hokianga = Patrick Davidson
Te Raina Te Rangi Koiaanake Davidson = Rueben Ihaia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 December, 2005 5:25 pm
TeRaina OWC
(@teraina-owc)

Kia Ora Brian

My information somewhat differs from what you have given. You've named PAT and KEHOMA as children of Kehoma snr and Hana. PAT and KEHOMA are the same person (Papa Pat as he ws known to us!). You also have that he married Erana Panapana.....this is correct, although she was his second wife - TE WAHANGA was his first wife.

The granddaughter you met in Upper Hutt sounds like my Aunty Millie (daughter of KEHOMA PAT and TE WAHANGA) - who is my grandfathers sister. I hope she is well....it's been a long time since I last saw her, she is such a wonderful woman.

Thank you for the other information you have given - it all helps! 🙂

May I ask how you tie in with the family?

Merry Christmas!
Te Raina

Hi Trevina,

Unfortunately I don't know who Captain Taranaki is. My mother knows of Myrtle, but that all I'm afraid...hopefully someone else will be able to fill you in from this site.

Merry Christmas
Te Raina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 December, 2005 8:36 am
mohaka_man OWC
(@mohaka_man-owc)

Kia Ora Te Raina...
i will correct the imformation that i have, my ties to your whanau come through Makere Henrici...she married my grandmothers brother...Paratene Broughton..my mother is Makere's namesake,she was Makere Waihape...Millie is fine but getting rather frail now...she tells me her mothers name was Wahanga Te Atua???
Brian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 December, 2005 3:05 pm
Echo OWC
(@echo-owc)

Kia ora koutou Brian, Te Raina and Ivena

My name is Echo Bignall (nee Haronga). My father is Te Harawira Turoa Haronga (known as Turoa). Turoa's mother is Raina te Rangikoianake Hokianga (the 4th) (My grandmother). Millie is Raina's sister and their mother is Wahanga Hinerohi Te Atua. Their father was Kehoma Hokianga (the 2nd)known as Pat.

My connection to Te Raina Davidson is that her mother Hera is Turoa's (Dad's)first cousin. My eldest sister Pania Hera is named after Te Raina's mother.

My connection to Ivena Smith is that I'm her mother's first cousin and Ivena's grandmother is Turoa's sister.

Anyway thanks for the information about Te Aporo's parents as I did not have this. If you can go further back then this I would love to know!
kia ora!

Kia Ora Te Raina...
i will correct the imformation that i have, my ties to your whanau come through Makere Henrici...she married my grandmothers brother...Paratene Broughton..my mother is Makere's namesake,she was Makere Waihape...Millie is fine but getting rather frail now...she tells me her mothers name was Wahanga Te Atua???
Brian
[/quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2006 9:51 pm
jandikahukura OWC
(@jandikahukura-owc)

Hi trevina

Just want to tell you that on the whakapapa club home page there is a link to a site for henrici decendants and it list all of kehoma and hanas children check it out its pretty good

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 April, 2006 1:34 am
Share: