Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HOORI, Hamahona (marrried Hana Pai Te Awe), Rotorua?  

RSS
K.Wright OWC
(@k-wright-owc)

Kia Ora,

I am trying to find my great grandfather and any remaining descendents. Hamahona Hoori also known as Jack George, or Samuel George married my nanny Hana Pai Te Awe from Kaipara, Pouto. One of their children is Tapora Hoori, also known as Sophie George.Hamahana Hoori was originally from the Rotorua area and moved to the Kaipara in the gum digging days. Details are still vague, Any information will be greatfully appreciated.Kia ora.

E Hara, e te mea, no naia nei te aroha, no nga tupuna, i toku iho, i toku iho.

Posted : 18 June, 2006 1:14 pm
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Surname can also be spelt Hori, or now known as the George Whanau.

Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 July, 2006 4:25 pm

Tena Kouto katoa,

Seeking information pertaining to the Hori/Hoori/George whanau, information provided was the whanau originated from Te Arawa, Rotorua. My great grandfather is named Hamahona, his father was Puanuku Hori/Hoori.

Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 July, 2006 12:07 pm
jwselby OWC
(@jwselby-owc)

hi I have a small whakapapa which has the names Hamahona Hoori, Hanna Pai Te Awe,Topara on it. If you like I can send you an e-mail. You can e-mail me on jwselby@xtra.co.nz
Hope I can be of any help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2007 2:12 pm

Kia ora Jwselby,

I have emailed your addy now, thank you and I appreciate your assistance, even just replying is awesome.

Regards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2007 6:49 am
TeRopata
(@teropata)

My grandfather Kawhi George, who married Maraea Pairama also from the Kaipara had a brother (or father not sure which) named Hamihana about whom it is said that they came from Ngapuhi. Later reports stated these people were originally from Rotorua

Maybe someone can unravel this

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2007 7:02 pm
Share: