Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HUNT WHAIPAKANGA, Kuratau  

RSS
Turner
(@turner-owc)

Would like to find out more information about where she came from.
Great Grandmother was Kuratau Whaipakanga Hunt (married to John Hunt); she used to live in Hawera and then Masterton - where she later died.
She was previously married to Rangituhia Tuteuruoho Te Raana, when she lived in Hawera.
I believe her parent's names were Kaipakara Whaipakanga (aka Awa Tapu Ngaki) and Noti Wairahui Waikohi (aka Whaikohi Ngaki)

Edited by - Turner on Apr 17 2005 9:17:51 PM

Posted : 17 April, 2005 9:11 pm
ghalalb
(@ghalalb)

Kia ora

I have a great grandfather, Taneroa Whaipakanga who I believe was Kuratau's brother. I believe I may even have a copy of a photo of Kuratau somewhere. If you are still looking?! I see this message is old. Please message if you're still seeking details.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 August, 2019 2:23 am
Turner
(@turner-owc)

@ghalalb

Kia ora, I am very interested, please email me on Tania.turner@hotmail.com.  

Nga mihi,

Tania 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 August, 2019 3:13 am
Share: