Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Huru  

RSS
joanna OWC
(@joanna-owc)

Kiora everyone.

I am trying to find a place up north called PARAPUWHA as i have tried everywhere that I can think of to locate this place. One of my ancestors come from this area and so would like to know where it is. I do hope someone can help me. Kiora

Posted : 17 December, 2006 11:17 am
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Te Parawhau He Hapu, No Tangiteroria, Dargaville ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 December, 2006 3:01 pm
joanna OWC
(@joanna-owc)

Hi there Kina,

Thankyou for that. I am uncertain if the spelling I gave is correct or not as the spelling of the area came from one of the signatures that is on the Treaty of Waitangi. As you can guess that was my ancestor but I had never heard of Parapuwha before and mayde it was Parawhau. I will just have to check if he was there or not. Once thankyou for your help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 December, 2006 9:09 pm
Share: