Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ihaka HOHAIA  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Tumanako Meroiti OWC
(@tumanako-meroiti-owc)

I am searching for any information in regards to this name. Kura=Ihaka Hohaia. I am attempting to fill in gaps of my whakapapa. any assistance will be much appreciated.

Posted : 10 January, 2006 9:29 am
ChrisM
(@chrism)

Kia ora Tu,
do you know the area or Iwi Ihaka is from?
Ka kite
Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2006 9:48 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe e hoa,

There are 2 Ihaka Hohaia's I know of.
One is a son of Murimotu Hohaia, and the other is a son of Tane Hohaia. I have knowledge of Ihaka Hohaia [a son of Tane Hohaia] and his tupuna.
Tane Hohaia is a grandson of the Nga Puhi rangatira, TE WHARERAHI. Tane Hohaia and my great grandmother were brother and sister. The Hohaia whanau are from in and around the Hokianga rohe, Northland.
I hope this helps!

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2006 10:11 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

... there's a third Ihaka Hohaia also.
This Ihaka Hohaia is a son of Hohaia Rore and Erana Kiri. Hohaia Rore is a son of Tikapa Maihi.
Erana Kiri is a daugther of Poaka and Waiorooro.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2006 10:49 am
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Kia ora Tumanako,
The name Tumanako Meroiti rings a bell from Putaruru ways here. Tumanako was my grandmothers sisters son who was born back in the early 1900s. The Meroiti name was from his father who was from Tapuika - Te Arawa.
The blood of those old people who you speak of, flow through my veins, My grandfather whom you mentioned was a nephew to Meroiti, through his mother who both had the same father only.

(Do you know Nanae (daughter of Hohapeta Meroiti in Maketu ways? Dats a cousin to me)She'll have the korero.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 January, 2006 7:23 am
rgaden@reconx.net.nz OWC
(@rgadenreconx-net-nz-owc)

kia ora,
Depending on which Ihaka Hohaia you are looking for depends on more specific details. The koroua does not come from here but Ngapuhi tribe. I come from direct descendant to the Koroua Murimotu and further. Kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2006 4:27 pm
rgaden@reconx.net.nz OWC
(@rgadenreconx-net-nz-owc)

i can go back further to the korouas mentioned of Murimotu and Ihaka. My grandfather and father down to my brothers and myself. However, as mentioned to replies it all depends on the Ihaka Hohaia you want. Whanau Meroiti are very close to the Hohaia you say and also I am Tapuika. Good luck on your further search for your whakapapa and whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2006 4:31 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora tumanako

The names kura married ihaka hohaia ring a bell, sounds fimilar.

Not sure if you fimiliar with the hohaia whanau from putaruru.
In year 2001 or 2002? kauea and whakaheke reunion held at whakairatamaiti(not sure spell right) marae, putaruru.

I heard someone's there by the name gloria maybe the person can help you with(think she still there)she hold the whakapapa of the hohaia whanau, her mother names tara hohaia died yr 2003 or 2004.
Their hapu ngati mahana, & tapuika of te arawa.
sorry I've no contact number to give you. If you passed by go to the marae there.

In the mean time, I'll talked with someone who knows at my end.
Will let you know soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2006 1:32 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora tumanako

Hope this may be of help.
ihaka hohaia = kura.
Kura mohi-moses, tapuika te arawa.
Her parents wikirwhi mohi moses(te arawa) = tohau (ngati tamatera)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2006 11:59 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Kia ora my cuzz, in da Bay of pleeeeenty a Marrrneyyy... I know u direct descendant from dem tupuna....hehehe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 April, 2006 11:08 am
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Gloria Koia is our me and RGadens Custard and I am Rgadens first Custard...we all custards from Putaruru, Te Puke and Matauri, no matter witta way you go, we still a custards...hehehe
Gloria lives down at the Pa, but she s buuuuuuuuuuuusy woman. In actual fact it, you won't be able to get the Pirika whakapapa from Gloria, coze she don't connect from them lines, thats why I mentioned Nan Hoani in maketu, coze Nan comes down them lines, and we and Nan are all first custards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 April, 2006 11:13 am
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Ki a Tu,
Is this "Hori Te Wharerahi Tane"
12th male son of Te Tane Hohaia Tara = Amohia Moetitoke Taimana o Hokianga?

*a mere mortal*

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 May, 2006 9:57 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Ki a TU,
Have found a "Ihaka tane Hohaia=Poiharere Hare Pumipi their issue :Tapeka Ihaka Tane Hohaia.

Hope the spelling is right, hard to read and I am getting older by the minute.
Ki a au, he pai tenei.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2006 12:38 am
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Emi, tenei ano hei titiro ake

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 July, 2006 7:39 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

By the way Tumanako, that link from back home into Ngongotaha ways come thru the ancestor Ihenga and Hinetekakara.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 July, 2006 11:15 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: