Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

IHAKA, Taupiri Ngawaea  

RSS
an42 OWC
(@an42-owc)

Kia ora

I am seeking information on Taupiri Ngawaea Ihaka. Her parents were Raniera Ngaeretuterangi Ihaka and Whakapaetini Ariki Ray. SHe was born in New Plymount in 1866, and married twice. First marriage was to William Martin Keenan, and 2nd marriage was to my great grandfather Arthur Westmacott-Falwasser. Any information on any of the above people would be greatly appreciated

THan kyou

Posted : 27 November, 2007 9:42 pm
Lois OWC
(@lois-owc)

Kia ora
Very strange that we asked about the same person on the same day.
I have very little info except a faint photocopy of a whakapapa from a Maori land court hearing on 16 Sep 1916 to do with Ngatitara 1892 Act Leases claiments Taupiri Ihaka and Pirimona Rangitaua. The claim is in regard to Uruwhare Uruhaha (female, deceased).

Names on this whakapapa which does not link people clearly are: Pera = Rahaha (Patutu)who could be grand parents of Taupiri ; Whakapaetini = Ihaka ; Puhoro = Karauria, parents of Pirimona Rangitaua (my greatgrandfather) ; Haoha = Nukuarohatu = Te Wairengarenga ; Uruwhare (decd) I'm trying to find out the relationship between Taupiri Ihaka and my greatgrandfather. I presume they were cousins or uncle and neice.

Hope this helps.
regards
Lois

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 December, 2007 7:47 am
an42 OWC
(@an42-owc)

thank you so much! any help is much appreciated. WE are pretty much starting from scratch, so this has been great
Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 December, 2007 6:20 pm
Keenan
(@keenan)

Hi although this thread is quite old I have information on William Martin Keenan.  He and Taupiri are my great great grandparents.  If you are still interested, let me know 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 August, 2019 2:58 am
Share: