Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Information Needed on my whanau  

RSS
crissy11 OWC
(@crissy11-owc)

Kia ora Ev'ryone...

My name is Crystal, and i have lived most my life in OZ...been away from home for along time until last year....20yrs later...i was told i need to come home and find my Roots...and now i am going to....for myself aswell as for my kids...
These days alot of people are trying to find the missing links and not just names to identify there whanau member, but the marae the land the waka the heritage and the history of there tipuna...
I am almost there but not 100%....the information i have been given is what was given to my mum and dad who are still alive and are in there late 60's...

Just like to know if anyone knows of these names these are my Tipuna's maybe they might also be yours or you know of them.

My FATHERS WHANAU

Area my father is from is Bay of Islands areas...

WAKA- Ngatokimatawhaorua/Mamari/Mataatua_
IWI- Ngapuhi and ...????....
HAPU-Te uri taniwha/Te uri o hua_
MARAE- Parawhenua/Rawhitiroa_
ANCESTORS - Marcellus COOK(French Canadian/American indian) and Tuhiata_
My GREAT-GRANDPARENTS - (KOROS PARENTS)Te Paea HAMIORA and Hone PIKARI Karahina and (NANS PARENTS)Brian or Paddy COOK and Rihi PENE.
My GRANDPARENTS - Te akeake hone Pikari(Jack PIKARI) and Ngarui COOK

MY MOTHERS WHANAU

Area my mums whanau are from...well were told taranaki, waikato, westcoast areas...wanganui, levin, foxton, palmerston, wellington, down to Nelson...hhmmmm...we own land in these places but we wanna know how we got da land down there etc etc etc...and who the whanau is down that ways.
Handed down and want to know info on my whanau there brothers and sisters...children...where they were from...any pictures...

ANCESTORS - KOMENE(Taranaki)and TAWHIO(waikato/Tainui)
IWI-Taranaki/Te Ati Awa
HAPU- Ngati haupoto/Ngati taire/Nga mahanga
MARAE-Tarawainuku Marae/Okorotua Marae/Parihaka pa
My Great-GParents - (KORO'S)TEAHU KOMENE TUTE WHAKAIHO and Roka MATAKATEA and (NANS)Hine Waiwera KERE
My Grand-mother Emily or Ngahina Opoore Gerrard/te-ahu/te horo and My Grand-Father is Te Rangi pai whenua TEAHU known as Rangi Te-ahu....and step grandfather is Sonnie Gerrard..

And My Partners Great Great Grandmother

Merirutu KAKEWAHINE - Iwi - Ngati kahangunu/Waiora

My Partners Great Grandmother

Hine STAPLETON Iwi - Ngati kahangunu/Waiora

Edited by - crissy11 on Feb 04 2008 07:36:53 AM

Posted : 01 February, 2008 5:22 pm
pepe OWC
(@pepe-owc)

Kia ora,
Do you have any idea of which rohe[district] any of your tipuna lived or came from?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 February, 2008 3:42 pm
crissy11 OWC
(@crissy11-owc)

Kia ora,

Just updated info...Thank you..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2008 9:30 pm
Share: