Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

INIA/TUNOHO  

RSS
lionel OWC
(@lionel-owc)

kia ora my name is Lionel Edmonds and im searching for any of my whanau with the surnames INIA or TUNOHO (TUNOHOMAITEURURANGI) inia comes from my mothers side Tommy inia was my grandfather his family roots are from taranaki his brothers are bluey (deceased) and harry his sisters are mihi (deceased) and huia my grand father married my grand mother Hine Wirihana of huntly the only information that i have is that we are from taranaki....The other surname TUNOHOMAITEURURANGI comes from my grand mothers on my fathers side all i know is our links to Ngati Raukawa

can someone please help me??

Posted : 15 January, 2006 9:38 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora Lionel
i had just left you message but then found out that the Inia Whanau are tied to Ngarongo Marae it is situated just out of Normanby. This does not mean that Parihaka is not part of your whanau also but it just means more whanau you are related to!
I left you with a contact number please use it because he is also Kaumatua for that marae.
My husband and I were married at this marae in front of Kumea mai te Waka a whare that had been moved three times by hand and carried to its present place during the maori land wars here in Taranaki.
Also try the Family search org to look for whanau in there is some Inia no Parihaka

Peace and Good Luck
Kaye-Kaye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2006 9:35 am
kalle OWC
(@kalle-owc)

Kia Ora
Lionel, when i saw this post i went home and grilled my Nan automatically she said "Yes, thats my brothers and sisters".
So here i am my Nans name is Kopa Inia/Wirihana she married my Grandfather Morris in Huntly, where she still lives now, I live next to her. Morris (passed on)his whanau is thriving they had 15 children and from them about 200 mokos. So my cuz what shall we do?.
kalle

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2006 3:09 pm
Share: