Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

IWIKAU TE HEU HEU  

RSS
twilight OWC
(@twilight-owc)

Hi,again wanting to trace tupuna of my grandfather(Te heu heu Iwikau)those that knew him would have known him as Shaver Iwikau.He was born at Tokorangi(Rangiteke district)I am only aware of one brother(Dick Iwikau)but know he had other siblings.Shaver married Miriam Takiwa & they settled in Kakahi(Taumarunui) until their deaths.Thank-you

Posted : 15 October, 2007 12:27 pm
bkdr OWC
(@bkdr-owc)

Kia Ora,

I'm a mokopuna of Richard Maraenui Iwikau (Koro Dick). Admittedly I'm a bit slack with some of the names but can get Mum to fill in the blanks for me. There were several brothers and sisters but only four that had children. Rihi Iwikau (Nanny Lizzy) was 20 years older than our koro and married Abraham Gotty. They lived at Tokorangi along with another brother Toro Iwikau who had three surviving daughters, Rora Fernandos (Aunty Laura), Madge and unfortunately I can't remember the name of the third. Rora married Rahu Royal and they did whangai a girl but other than that, there are no living direct descendents ot Toro. I think Toro had two sons also who died at a young age.

There was also Tahi and Hinetu. Stop in at Tokorangi and you'll find that several of the photos in the wharepuni are of our korouas other siblings. Hope this helps some.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2008 6:38 pm
Share: