Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

JOYCE  

RSS
janejune OWC
(@janejune-owc)

I am a direct descendant Joyce. My mother is Alvin(Poss) Joyce from a family of 16 children and is the youngest at 70 yrs old. she has 12 brothers and 4 sisters.
I am under the understanding that there are 2 Joyce families that come from the same area(North Auckland, KaIKOHE)but are not the same family, although they acknowledge each other. My mothers family descend from a James William Joyce who married an Ann Dare. I am able to go back as far as Peter Joyce who married a Mary Moore or MORES from England. From my own resource my great grandfather James, served in the war and had an honorable discharge in Taranaki. His discharge papers say he was from Hertfordshire and not Chesire as most whanau have been told...still, he may have been born there but his records say he was from Hertford.
I am wondering if anyone out there related to my Whanau have information of Peter Joyce from England?? I have already extensively searched the LDS site but to no avail(familysearch.org). Does anyone in this Whanau know whether they have a genealogist who has been to England for further research? would really appreciate finding more.

Posted : 13 December, 2007 1:31 pm
Mk2_Zephyr OWC
(@mk2_zephyr-owc)

You could try Rootschat.com, Hertfordshire board.

You will need to give a few more details about James.

Was he in England in 1841, 51 ? try the censuses.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 December, 2007 11:55 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Try www.genesreunited.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2007 6:46 am
Share: