Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KARENA,Ruataniwha Rakaiwerohia  

RSS
mish OWC
(@mish-owc)

kia ora

I am looking for information relating to Karena Whanau.
Ruataniwha was my great great grandfather.
Mohi Karena was my great grandfather and was married to Ngahoe Nikora.
Tame Karena was my grandfather and was married to Taupiri Te Paea Pita Karena. Tame and Taupiri use to look after the Omahu marae in Hasting.
My father is Mei or Meidi Karena and i am the youngest of his nine children.

My iwi is Ngati Kahungunu and our sub-tribe is Te Upokoiri and Ninemanu or could be Hinemanu from Hawkes Bay.

I am very interested in finding my whakapapa on my dads side of the family as i am still very much trying to find my mana of who i am.
And my whakapapa's history of belonging.
And to hopefully meet some whanau that i have never meet.
Any help would be very much appreciated and welcomed.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I HAVE POSTED THIS ON THE WRONG SITE AS I AM TRYING TO FIND MORE WHANAU ON MY DADS FAMILY.......

Edited by - mish on Jun 27 2005 9:27:11 PM

Edited by - mish on Jul 06 2005 5:06:08 PM

Posted : 26 June, 2005 3:49 pm
Te Whaanau o te Whakamarurangi OWC
(@te-whaanau-o-te-whakamarurangi-owc)

Just checking my records of our whakapapa, is correct will email again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 December, 2005 5:30 am
krayzie_mischuf OWC
(@krayzie_mischuf-owc)

kia ora mish,
i dont really know wat your after but ive got a wee bit of whakapapa from ruataniwha down to your fathers generation my grandmother was your fathers oldest sister:Hana our hapu is ngati Te Upokoiri and Ngati Hinemanu i dont really know if you wanted to know our maunga and awa or anything else im not too sure of much of the whanau stuff but yea if you want some of the info i got the give me a email or something

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2006 4:04 pm
te phantom
(@te-phantom)

Kia ora mish

I too whakapapa back to Omahu Marae and I know, of the Karena whanau. However, I don't know how my Hamilton/Hamutana whanau connects to them.

I go back to Hastings every now and again. So, I could ask my mum (and aunts) if they could find a contact for your Karena whanau, if you'd like.

Let me know and I'll ask someone from home.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2006 7:45 pm
bunny OWC
(@bunny-owc)

hi everyone my name is jessica karena i am the youngest child to (tyrone) wero karena, eldest son of riti karena but was adopted with 2 others by tame karena and taupiri karena who are my nan and pop because my dad always called them mum and dad, we currently live in omahu so feel free to contact me my email is sexc_bunny01@hotmail.com and i can give you my dads contacts so you can find out the information you need cause he knows all of that stuff, hope this helps in what your finding

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 June, 2006 10:12 pm
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Kia Ora whanau,

My great grandmother was also a Karena, the english name is Cullen, so that kind of opens up alot when you see how many Cullen's there are. My great grandmother's name was Makiara Karena Pihema, not sure how it happened, but she carried two surnames in her name, Karena whanau and Pihema whanau, I know she came from Raglan area, Waikato. Will keep you informed as I find more out.

Kia Ora Jessica, I'd like to email you to see if your dad can assist with my search too, kia ora.

Good luck Mish...
Kia Ora
Kim Te Keepa Rata Te Awe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2006 2:30 pm
mish OWC
(@mish-owc)

Kia ora to all. I have been really busy and this is the first time i have been on here in awhile. I will get into gear and email you all as i am very interested in my whakapapa and every bit of information helps. My email address is mish_899@hotmail.com. Once again thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 September, 2006 10:10 am
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Kia ora Mish

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 September, 2006 5:06 pm
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

My grandfather was a Karena. I got to know my mothers side Nikora/Te Amohanga, but am failing miserably on my fathers side (deceased}. His name was Richard Maynard Cook. His Father was "Joe Karena" whom married my grandmother Erihapeti Totokawera (kawera) cook/kuku. He then remarried to Ngatumu Erutoe then married again to Waata Harihona papa {Barber}. Joe Karena is buried at Waikumete Cemetry, Auckland. Just wonder if I have the right Whanau. He lived at Te Ngaere Marae. Very hard name to research.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 March, 2008 10:54 pm
legaleagle OWC
(@legaleagle-owc)

I know this wont help but there are a family known as Karena in te tai tokerau but its pakeha form is Garland.

Naku noa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2008 11:37 pm
Share: