Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KATENE, Pi  

RSS
Bibi OWC
(@bibi-owc)

My Grandfather Ihaia Katene of Ngati Ruanui married my Grandmother Jonah Davis, I have my Grandmothers Whakapapa, but does anyone know my Great Grandfather Pi Katene? rumours are there's a reunion in Taranaki in 2008.

Edited by - Bibi on Mar 18 2007 4:57:32 PM

Posted : 18 March, 2007 10:54 am
pataria OWC
(@pataria-owc)

I like you am trying to find my grandfather also his name is Hari Wi Katene born round 1886 does this name ring ne bells for you sorry i cant help you with ur

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 April, 2007 1:58 pm
Bibi OWC
(@bibi-owc)

Yeah, I think he may be from Taranaki also, I use to get mixed up with the Pi and Wi Katene until my Grandfathers unveiling out by Meremere marae, where he has my Grandfathers name on his head stone Pi Katene. Otherwise sorry I can't really help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 April, 2007 9:21 pm
pataria OWC
(@pataria-owc)

Thanks ne ways All i know of is that my Gfather is from taranaki nuthin much else

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 April, 2007 5:06 pm
Bibi OWC
(@bibi-owc)

I will ask my Dad next time I'm in the Naki, we could be related?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 April, 2007 7:49 pm
mana79 OWC
(@mana79-owc)

kia ora

yes i know of Pi Katene hes my great great grandfather. my dad has some of the whakapapa and as far as i know were actually Ngaruahinerangai, Te Aroha marae. I think there is a reunion coming up next but im not sure. Your best chance I would say is to go to the wharekai opening of Aotea or contact me if u like.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 12:03 am
mana79 OWC
(@mana79-owc)

as for Wi Katene I think I have seen that name is one of the family whakapapa im not sure ill ask and have a look next time I have a chance. oh yea the opening is on June the 2nd or 3rd that long weekend. There will be a lot of Katene whanau around who might know something.

Edited by - mana79 on Apr 18 2007 12:13:20 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 12:08 am
Bibi OWC
(@bibi-owc)

quote:

as for Wi Katene I think I have seen that name is one of the family whakapapa im not sure ill ask and have a look next time I have a chance. oh yea the opening is on June the 2nd or 3rd that long weekend. There will be a lot of Katene whanau around who might know something.

Edited by - mana79 on Apr 18 2007 12:13:20 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 10:14 pm
Bibi OWC
(@bibi-owc)

Tena koe mana79, Teenaa rawa atu koe!!
na Bibi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 10:16 pm
manu_tekowhai@hotmail.com OWC
(@manu_tekowhaihotmail-com-owc)

Could you please let me know if Wi Katene was also known as Katene Aperahama?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2007 12:03 pm
mana79 OWC
(@mana79-owc)

arohamai Bibi

the dates for the opening have changed. im not sure when theyre gonna have it but i will keep you posted.

Im not sure manu but i will ask.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 May, 2007 11:44 pm
Share: