Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KAWHITI, Katerina Rangi  

RSS
conton
(@conton)

Tena koutou katoa
I am looking for information on KAWHITI, Katerina Rangi who was married to William Henry Rogers. WH Rogers is my gr.gr. grandfather and is interred at Maketu. I would appreciate any information
kia ora ra
conton

Posted : 03 September, 2007 4:37 pm
DDD OWC
(@ddd-owc)

kataraina Rangikawhiti is the daughter of Te Kaiwhakapaepae and Te Ranginohoora. They in turn descend from Te roro o te rangi, Pukaki, Tunohopu, Hurunga te rangi and Wahiao.

kataraina was the 3rd wife of william henry rogers. He had two wives prior in taitokerau, and one wife after , torere.

WH Rogers is my great great great grandfather.

who is your Grandfather?

DDD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 September, 2007 8:29 am
conton
(@conton)

My Great grandfather was William Rogers (aka Wire Roiho) son of William Henry and his first wife Peti Ngapapa. William married Elizabeth Boyle (Betty) and their son Charles was my grandfather. I would dearly love some information confirming William Henry Rogers country /place of birth. I am trying to track down any birth, death or marriage certificates pertaining to William and his 3 or 4 wives to see if I can ascertain this. There are some who say he was born in Salem County,New Jersey,USA, and some eho say Masechusettes It would also be wonderful to find other relatives from his unions.
One of his other wives was RANGINGANGANA, Mereana. I have been informed that he also had children to Miria Mokai. However I am aware that care needs to be taken as there were several WH Rogers.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Conton

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 September, 2007 3:28 pm
DDD OWC
(@ddd-owc)

your information is correct. I have a 2 pager on william and his life whaling and in america. I can post this to you.

which town are you in? I know another person who can help you as she comes from charles. she is in christchurs\

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 September, 2007 4:41 pm
conton
(@conton)

Tena koe DDD
Did you get my home address to post the 2 pager on William to me
Arohanui
Conton

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2007 2:18 am
DDD OWC
(@ddd-owc)

yes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2007 8:34 am
conton
(@conton)

kia ora ra

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2007 6:00 pm
conton
(@conton)

Tena koe DDD
Thank you for the info on the Rogers whanau which arrived safely. I am very grateful
Arohanui
conton

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 October, 2007 7:06 am
Share: