Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KEEFE TE AURERE LOOKING FOR MY GRAND-MOTHER  

RSS
may OWC
(@may-owc)

KIA ORA
IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE THAT RELATES TO TE AURERE KEEFE (NEE TAKAHI) WHO MARRIED RANGI KEEFE IM NOT SURE WHERE SHE WAS BORN OR COME FROM BUT THEY LIVED IN RAUPUNGA (WAIROA) I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANY OF MY NANS WHANAU.

Posted : 14 February, 2006 11:40 am
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora May
Are you any relation to Uncle Ben Keefe a.k.a CAPTAIN he lives in Hicks Bay

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2006 12:10 pm
may OWC
(@may-owc)

yes we are related.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 February, 2006 7:56 am
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Chuurr!
I also know of a Keefe Whanau in Mohaka Ngati Kuri
I'm not sure how they are related to Captain but could be an area to concider looking for your Kuia.
Me and my husband both worked with Uncle Bens lady Val Hetaraka!Community Health in Kirikiriroa Hamilton. Uncle Ben lives in front of Aunty Dicky and Uncle Paul who are my Step fathers Cousin.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 February, 2006 9:11 am
tima OWC
(@tima-owc)

Kia Ora Koe
My husband is a Takahi and his grandfather was Tau Takahi whose sister was Te Aurere from Raupunga/Mohaka. The Takahi whanau now reside in the Reporoa rohe but there are plenty of the Keefe whanau in Murupara

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2006 12:56 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Koe
My husband is a Takahi and his grandfather was Tau Takahi whose sister was Te Aurere from Raupunga/Mohaka. The Takahi whanau now reside in the Reporoa rohe but there are plenty of the Keefe whanau in Murupara

There was a Ben Keefe who lived in the Te Kaha area in the 1940s - 60s. He married Te Owaina Hei and had Katerina, Hamiora, Bandy and Makere. He was previously married and had Boy and Jimmy both of whom lived in Ruatoria. Ben originally came from Raupunga where he said the whanau originated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 January, 2007 9:02 pm
Share: