Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KEEPA, Ka'urangi Te Waewae  

RSS
Teremoana OWC
(@teremoana-owc)

Ka'urangi Te Waewae Keepa was married to Iri Tuirirangi Te Koau who was a riverboat foreman from the Whanganui River. She is a descendant of Rangihiwinui Keepa (Major Kemp). She had 8 children the second youngest being my mother Rangirangi Tuirirangi Te Koau. I have alot of Tuirirangi Whakapapa coming down from Kawhia but there is alot missing in between my Kuia Kaurangi and my Koroheke Iri. My Kuia I think was also whanau to Rereomake who was married to Tangaru the Muaupoko Chief depicted on the old ten cent coin. If anyone can give me some clues to my Kuia and Koroheke I'd be rapt. My whanau are the Bells in Taumaranui, my Mum's oldest sister Lucy married a Bell.

Posted : 02 September, 2005 4:28 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

sorry off track. Its surprise me readin the surname "keepa"
I'm wondered if you know my kuia "materoa keepa" was my great grandmother. I been trying to find out about my kuia and whanau side for 5 years.

all the best to you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 September, 2005 7:09 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

Kia ora..i knew some Keepa in Mangere Bridge.
Would that be the same whanau??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 September, 2005 8:48 am
Lisa OWC
(@lisa-owc)

Kia Ora stubbornforgey,

The whanau Keepa in Mangere are also related to Keepa whanau in Whakatane.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 September, 2005 2:10 am
shoogydoogy OWC
(@shoogydoogy-owc)

ARE ALL THESE KEEPAS RELATED TO HAURAKI,WENDY AND MOANA KEEPA FROM TEKAO. I THINK THEY ORIGINALLY CAME FROM MURUPARA??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 July, 2006 1:41 am
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Kia Ora, my name is Kim Te Keepa Rata, my whanau has originated from the Nth, Whangaruru, Waitangi area and around the Kaipara, Kaiwaka, Maungaturoto. The Keepa whanau is a big whanau, in searching try Kepa or Te Keepa or Te Kepa, they seem to vary, but all relate to the European translation of Kemp. Kia Ora and all the best.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 July, 2006 2:37 pm
Share: