Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Kihirini Whatuira (Kihi)  

RSS
ponieta OWC
(@ponieta-owc)

Kihi, Arama Trying to find whanau with the name Kihirini Whatuira.
My gr8t grandfather was Neri Kihirini Whatuira born in 1875,he was a bushman from the Waikato area.For some reason dropped the rini from Kihi and also the Whatuira and was known as Neri Kihi.He married Waitai Hikawai.They had 12 children,Hape,charlie,Bill, Pikoro( Ned,my grandfather)Raki,Mason, Pera,Mary Robertson,Twins Isabelle Mildon and Molly Taylor, Matekino Tahu,Pango Clarke.
I would love to hear from any of the above Whanau who know anything of our gr8t grandfather and the reason why our last name was changed to Kihi only, and if anyone knows who were the parents of gr8t g/father Neri.We know our G/grandmothers parents were Pera Hikawai and Te Awhi(not sure of her surname)Hope to hear from anybody soon with some knowledge of our Whakapapa.

Posted : 26 August, 2006 11:56 am
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Kia ora is this the same Kihi whanau from Tuakau?
My brother-inlaw's mother is a Kihi and his father is a Clarke from Port Waikato.

Cheers,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 August, 2006 12:28 pm
ponieta OWC
(@ponieta-owc)

Kia Ora,
not sure where Tuakau is.Fraser Town(Wairoa) is the only plce i know of whanau.I just know of my gr8t grandfather coming from the Waikato area.Would luv 2 get in touch with the whanau from Tuakau,neva know we could all be related.Just curious to find out why our name had changed.Kia Ora E-Mail address a_kihi@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 August, 2006 12:35 pm
azzarian
(@azzarian)

hi there not to sure if yu got our email but my sister inlaw can tell yu about the names and why the were cut short

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 August, 2006 9:28 pm
ponieta OWC
(@ponieta-owc)

Kia Ora,
heard from a Hinerangi Taepa if that is ur sister in-law.If so, shes not sure why the name was shortened.Still trying to connect the names that she mentioned.Thanks.Any more info from other members of your whanau would be appreciated, might be able to shed more light.Are there any other family members who may recognise any of the names that i had mentioned above.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2006 12:13 am
azzarian
(@azzarian)

iLL GET MY SISTER INLAW TO EMAIL YOU ON NAME CHANGES AS WELL AS GOINIG TO SEE MY NAN. i WAS TOLD THAT I DID HAVE WHANAU DOWN YOUR WAY BUT NEVER BELIVED IT UNTIL NOW I NO THAT SOME HOW WE R RELATED BECAUSE OF THE NAMES YOU LISTED BUT WILL GET BACK TO YOU WHEN I GO AND SEE THE FAMILY HAVE HEARD OF PANGO CLARK ANOTHER LADY ASKED ME IF I HEARD OF THIS PERSON FROM PORT WAIKATO

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2006 10:12 am
ponieta OWC
(@ponieta-owc)

Kool,
cant wait to hear what ur nan and see what she might know.She may also know something bout the name change as well as ur sis inlaw.Kia Ora.Ponieta

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2006 7:13 pm
Kaleena OWC
(@kaleena-owc)

Kia ora,
Mmm, you have me thinking! I too have a ggrandfather named Kihirini Whatuira who married Rawinia Kaeke or Kaike from Tuhoe. They had several children, one of whom was my grandmother Anehera or Anihera. Although I do not have the whakapapa in front of me, I do know of 2 other sisters - Nanny Tao, Nanny Molly and a brother of theirs named Roger. I think there were other siblings, but I cant recall at this time. I do have the whakapapa, but not in front of me, although I will get back to you when I can. They were from Wairoa. I did not know of any name change to Kihi or about the Waikato connection, so this is a new revelation for me. I too would love to hear more about your whakapapa and where the connection is, but I will get back to you on what I have...I know that some of the children of Nanny Molly and Nanny Tao would probably know more than I would...but at this time I do not have any addresses or phone numbers for them to contact you. Hope this little bit of information has been of help to you. Kia ora

Edited by - Kaleena on Sep 23 2006 01:26:32 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 September, 2006 1:22 am
hesper OWC
(@hesper-owc)

Hi
I have a Ihipera Isobel Kihirini Whatuira in my Mildon family tree. Is this the same Isabelle as mentioned in your post I wonder? Married to Eric Mildon in 1927.
Would love to fill in some missing pieces if anyone knows

Rgds

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 October, 2006 8:26 pm
ponieta OWC
(@ponieta-owc)

Dats my Koro's sister,she married Eric Mildon.I have a few of da missing pieces.Hope 2 hear from u soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 October, 2006 6:57 pm
wenoman
(@wenoman)

KiaOra
Im related to the Kihi whanau from Whatawhata(Waikato).Ring Mcleod Sheetmetals Products at(07)8472295 ask for my uncle Duke Kihi and he will link you to uncle Pou(brother).This uncle has a bit of knowledge when it comes to whakapapa so i hope he help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 September, 2007 2:23 am
Share: