Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KOHU ,TeWano Seeking help from Tauranga  

RSS
eruera OWC
(@eruera-owc)

Kiaora Nga Iwi o nga hau e wha

I am a Grandson to TeWano Kohu & Maraea nee Morunga.
My biggest ambition is to find his Wakapapa that connects him to his
iwi from Tauranga.
The only information I have that he came from the Tauranga area.
Te Wano Kohu Was born around the late Yr1800,
He came to Hokianga as a young Carpenter and settle in whirinaki.
He married Maraea Morunga.
His youngest son Eruera (Buller)took Wano for our surname not Kohu,Things do get complicated.
Any little information be most appreciated

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 1:45:07 PM

Posted : 09 March, 2005 5:16 am
Ezykap1 OWC
(@ezykap1-owc)

Kiaora Eruera,

I dont know much about the Kohu whanau although I do know a contact who knows the whole Whakapapa. If its the same whanau I think you would have links to Te Puna (Borrells and Bidios), and I think your marae would be Huria. But if this all sounds familiar just give send me an email to:
Ezykap1@hotmail.com.

Kiaora Eruera.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 March, 2005 1:32 pm
Julie Kohu OWC
(@julie-kohu-owc)

Kia ora Eruera,My husband is one of the Kohu's from Huria Marae. We are currently living in Australia and have been for the past 25+ years. Paulson (my husband) has a twin brother that lives at the back of the Marae. You can contact him or their Uncle. Pauls email is Twin_koh@optusnet.com.au.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2005 2:18 pm
ikaptm OWC
(@ikaptm-owc)

kia ora cuz

this is the whanau site to start with... NgatiRanginui@groups.msn.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 June, 2005 9:29 pm
Share: