Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KONIA and ROPIHA Whanaunga  

RSS
Slings22 OWC
(@slings22-owc)

Kia ora my name is Richard Slingsby,
Im trying to find some of my whanaunga so I can learn about my whakapapa, hapu and where my marae is.
My Grandfathers name is Hare Hare Konia born 14 Sept 1934 in Te Araroa, Gisborne and passed away in the early '90's. My great grandparents are Henare Konia born 8 Jan 1913, Horoera, Gisborne and Pare Ropiha born 5 Sept 1909,Te Muriwai, Gisborne. I believe the Konia whanau is from Ngati Porou and the Ropiha whanau is from Ngati Kahungunu.
I want to find out as much as I can so I can go back to my marae, any information that you can help me with would be much appreciated.

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 11:50:07 PM

Posted : 05 January, 2005 3:10 pm
te phantom
(@te-phantom)

Kia ora Richard.

I had an uncle named Rewiri Nga Kirikiri KONIA. Known as Dave or Daisy. He died 06 Jan 1991 aged 89 years.

Sorry, but I can't help you with your request but I was wondering if you have my uncle anywhere in your family tree?

His whanau were indeed Ngati Porou, but I know nothing of any of them. He did have siblings but I don't know any of their names (nor his parents' names).

Sorry that I can't help at the moment, but I will keep my ears open.

By the way, I had a look on the LDS website and your Konia whanau are listed on there. Just in case you haven't been there, the link is:

http://www.familysearch.org

Good luck!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2005 6:05 pm
Share: