Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

looking wharemate whanau from tautoro bay of island  

RSS
platinummaori OWC
(@platinummaori-owc)

Kia ora Im looking for the Wharemate whanau from Tautoro Bay in the Bay of Islands because one of my great nannies whose name is Ngarongotia Tiatoa Hohua married Tuhiwai Wharemate and Im trying to link my hole whakapapa together.

Posted : 30 November, 2005 11:33 am
spiritsleap OWC
(@spiritsleap-owc)

kia ora Shaun..Ko Gloria toku ingoa. No Te Tai Tokerau ahau.

By now you may already have the information you want ..because the Wharemate family are a big family.

Anyway ..my half sister mother was a Wharemate from Tautoro.. Marara Wharemate.
Unfortunately she is not alive now.. but they are all over the place and afiliate with the marae in Tautoro ..
The person that could help you is Hone Wharemate who is a lecturer in the Maori Department at the University of Auckland. That is his whanau. So you can contact him through the Maori Studies Department there. I do not have a phone number for him but if I see themI will give them your email if you would like to leave it here..
Tena Ora Koe Gloria Whaikawa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 December, 2005 1:25 pm
platinummaori OWC
(@platinummaori-owc)

kia ora Spiritsleap thanks you for your information it will help me alot have a awesome xmas and a wonderful new year

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2005 4:15 pm
serious OWC
(@serious-owc)

Kia ora,
I have a brother inlaw whose mother's maiden name is Wharemate. I do believe she currently lives in Tautoro now. I probably wont see my brother inlaw until the weekend, but I'll pass your nannies details on to him and ask him if it's alright to pass on his details or his mums to you.I do have both their phone numbers and addresses but out of respect for their privacy I will ask them 1st. Hopefully I can get back to you with good news.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2006 2:05 pm
ryan555 OWC
(@ryan555-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Im looking for the Wharemate whanau from Tautoro Bay in the Bay of Islands because one of my great nannies whose name is Ngarongotia Tiatoa Hohua married Tuhiwai Wharemate and Im trying to link my hole whakapapa together.

kia ora shaun my name is ryan absalom i am from tautoro my mothers name is noeline absalom (nee peehikuru or bedggood)peehikuru my whanau are the tukana line in tautoro (ngati rangi). well u r looking for hone wharemate or sadler he is my uncle and i am living with him at the moment in whangarei his older sister also lives there her name is hana sadler. i will get his number when i get back up north and email it to u k.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 July, 2006 10:31 pm
Share: