Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Mabel  

RSS
rlee OWC
(@rlee-owc)
Eminent Member

Just putting it out there again. My gt grandmother born 1896 in Patea to Alice Snook, daughter of James and Emily snook nee unknown.
Alice was 16. Mabel was raised in Hunterville by Alice Gordon, her husband Robert had died in 1893. Mabel's son, my grandfather always acknowledged that his mother was half maori, Mabel died in chch in 1930. Parekaretu Street in hunterville, is where there were 2 homes that the Gordon's owned, one was the homestead and the other a cottage next door. Because Mabel used her grandfathers surname and whangai surname i have had difficulty in finding where her maori roots are from. Is there anyone from the Hunterville or Patea area on this site able to help in some way, or any kuia or kaumatua from those areas that may be able to direct me as this has been and is a very difficult search, there seems to be no one alive able to shed any light on Mabel's life and for whatever reason the maori heritage buried apart from my grandfather and father's acknowledgment, some of my whanau have been trying to search for the last 20yrs including myself, so any help would be greatly appreciated or even some direction, naku noa.

Posted : 01 April, 2007 8:34 pm
Share: