Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MAIHI, Te Whanau no Nga Puhi  

RSS
Moana Wetere OWC
(@moana-wetere-owc)

Kia ora

I know the Maihi whanau is a large whanau but can anyone tell me where in Nga Puhi are the Maihi Whanau from. My great grandfather was Patoromu Weneti Maihi,and somewhere along the line the name changed to Marsh , which is my maiden name.

Edited by - Moana Wetere on Apr 01 2006 6:55:57 PM

Posted : 01 April, 2006 6:53 pm
Tiaa OWC
(@tiaa-owc)

Kia Ora Moana,

My grandmother married a Maihi from Ahipara. Hori Wairama Maihi. The whanau is large as he had two other whanau before he married my grandmother. This part of the Maihi whanau live in Auckland. I am still in the midst of this whakapapa. Drop me a line if you like and i'll give you the whakapapa that i have on line .....kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 May, 2006 12:14 am
Moana Wetere OWC
(@moana-wetere-owc)

Tena koe Tiaa,

Sorry for the delay in writing, but yes any whakapapa would be most appreciated where the Maihi whanau are concerned. can you tell me is Ahipara anywhere near the Hokianga? as i was told we have whanau there, but not sure if they originate there.

Moana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 July, 2006 2:20 pm
dilz270 OWC
(@dilz270-owc)

:):):):)

Tena Koe Tiaa,
I'm a Maihi frm Omanaia which is over the hills frm Waima (Hokianga, Ngapuhi). My great grandfather originally came frm Waima, his name was Ako Maihi who married a woman called Ihapera Haretuku frm Omanaia, For more info go www.bebo.com/dilz270 or email dilz270@xtra.co.nz or u can ring me 24/7 on 0272706411, looking for to hearing frm u.

Mwahhhhhhh

AROHANUI.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 July, 2007 1:44 am
HONE PEPE OWC
(@hone-pepe-owc)

kia ora Mere,
My granmother was a Maihi, her name was Waitapu Morihana Maihi, She married Erupouroto Matiu Tuatai Wihongi of Kaikohe. Her father was Miha Maihi who married Era Tiatoa. He Lived around Lake Omapere during the gum digging days, his father was Miha Maihi Te Hao from The Utakura - Waima area. My granmothers brother Tahi Maihi lived above the Otatara Marae in Waima.
Noho Ora mai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 July, 2007 7:47 am
Waitaha64@gmail.com OWC
(@waitaha64gmail-com-owc)

Tena Koe,
My father was a Maihi. Barry Whakatau Maihi(1939-2005). He was born in Omanaia. My grandfathers name was Aporo Maihi-Taniora and he married Ihipera Eruera also from Omanaia. 6 Children(that i know about).Dad always said they had a big family but many died from TB and influenza. Uncle Hone, Uncle Bibo, Dad, Uncle Sonny-boy, Aunty Girlie and Aunty Adelaide.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 July, 2007 1:54 pm
Share: