Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MAITAI  

RSS
Hamaria OWC
(@hamaria-owc)

looking for my maitai whanau from the coast, I never knew my koroua Charlie who raised my matua Rutene. Would appreciate any help locating my whanaunga's. Kia oraText

Posted : 03 July, 2007 9:56 pm
Karen mcgregor
(@karen-mcgregor)

Kia Ora IAM the mokopuna of rutene McGregor maitai..my father haare te otimi Waka, was his first born son, I also am in search of our maitai whanau...so I believe the story my father told me, was my koro rutene was whangai to koro charlie maitai father tamematetu peka or spelt tame matetu peka, or peka tame matetu...but he passed and koro rutene was still very young, so koro Charlie raised him like his son, but was actually his big brother...I believe koro charlies mum was MAITAI and his father was a peka from the coast..I believe also koro Charlie is buried in the oraka urupa mahia...would love any other information that can be shared with me...many thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 July, 2019 6:59 am
Share: