Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MAKAMERA Whanau, WHARETOHUNGA whanau, NGATAI whanau, DANIELS whanau  

RSS
nemo OWC
(@nemo-owc)

Kia ora,I'm researching whakapapa on my great grandmas mother Hera Makamera. I think she was born in Kaihu. She married Hoani Eramita Ngatai who died in Kaihu 1938. They had 10 kids.
Hera Makamera had one brother (Taahi Wiremu Makemera) and two sisters (Terahia Makamera and Herangi Makamera).
Taahi had a daughter Raiha Makamera who married Eruera Tipene. I think the Tipenes are in Pangaru?
The Makameras mother was Merania Wharetohunga from Pangaru (I'm not sure of her fathers name). I think Merania had one sister (Ngareta Wharetohunga) and one brother (Peita Wharetohunga)- these are the Peita whanau from Pangaru?
Merania 2nd husband was Taniera Rangipaoa. They are the Daniels from Kaihu?
If anyone has information on 1/ Makamera 2/ Wharetohunga 3/ Daniels all from Northland. 4/ Ngatai originally from Taranaki region? Please add to the forum and fill in any missing pieces.

Posted : 15 August, 2006 12:05 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koe Mark,

Taahi Wiremu Makamira married my grandfather's sister, Iritana Te Awa from Matangirau, Whangaroa.
Iritana Te Awa was the daughter of Tame Te Awa and Tauke Tupe.
Drop me an email sometime e kara!

na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 August, 2006 3:00 pm
nemo OWC
(@nemo-owc)

Kia ora,
Can you send me your email to m.teirney@xtra.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 August, 2006 3:08 pm
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

kia ora my gt gt grandmothers are ngareta and merania.merania married taniere rangipaoa. my mum comes off the first marriage of merania and makamira and my dad off the 2nd marriage you can email me @ mtaniere@yahoo.co.nz if you need more kia ora

[color=#00ff00][b](b)[/b][/color]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 2:36 pm
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

sorry my gt grandmothers name was miriama ngatai she married my grand-dads father ata matiu long stories lots of lines

[color=#00ff00][b](b)[/b][/color]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 7:28 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe Mark,

You can email at: kaingahoamarae@windowslive.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2008 12:38 pm
Share: