Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MAKIRI  

RSS
Heather OWC
(@heather-owc)

Have been given some more info. There were two brothers who had from down from Horeke. One of them was Tipene Makiri. Tipene stayed in the Coromandel area and the other brother went elsewheres. This means their father remained in Horeke. Hope this will help.

Posted : 26 August, 2005 12:57 pm
mike@247trader.net OWC
(@mike247trader-net-owc)

Kia Ora Heather Makiris lived acoss from general store in Horeke on a hill.Ray Makiri was his name,passed on by now.Contact Mokonuiarangi marae,Hokianga,Posie King(marae on the net) could help.Son was Ray too,Daughter Saphire.Yes Makiris connected to Coromandel.Mike King is my name,not that Mike KIng not Jo King either.Been in Aussie 30 years so lost touch.Can email mike @247trader.net.Hope it is of some help.Kia Ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2005 8:11 pm
mike@247trader.net OWC
(@mike247trader-net-owc)

Heather,last contact with them was in 1980s & they lived in Bairds Road,Otara Auck.Mike

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2005 8:33 pm
Danielle Henare OWC
(@danielle-henare-owc)

Text Hi Heather,Ray Makiri was my grand uncle, his children my cousins. Rays family all stayed in the north Horeke and his fathers name was Soul (spelling?) Souls brother's whanau are in the Coromandel. If you need contacts either in the north or Coromandel please let me know.

quote:

Have been given some more info. There were two brothers who had from down from Horeke. One of them was Tipene Makiri. Tipene stayed in the Coromandel area and the other brother went elsewheres. This means their father remained in Horeke. Hope this will help.

Text

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 September, 2005 1:32 am
Danielle Henare OWC
(@danielle-henare-owc)

Hi Heather
Not sure if my first message got through, also new to the website.

My grandmother is the sister to Ray Makiri that Mike is speaking about. If you need contacts to the Makiri's in the north please let me know. There is also Makiri's based in the Coromandel they are related through the two brothers that you speak of, if you need a contact for this please let me know.

quote:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 September, 2005 1:40 am
aliwaio OWC
(@aliwaio-owc)

quote:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 September, 2005 5:18 am
aliwaio OWC
(@aliwaio-owc)

quote:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 September, 2005 5:23 am
hinelum OWC
(@hinelum-owc)

Hi Heather, my mother Josephine Lum is one of the daughters to Ray Makiri my grandfather if you would like to contact her please let me know.

Anthony Lum

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 September, 2005 9:11 pm
aliwaio OWC
(@aliwaio-owc)

Heather,
Give some info on your background, before there is any more info given about this whanau. I suggest to the makiri whanau to wait for more background on heather, before spilling your guts!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 September, 2005 7:12 pm
Share: