Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MANUKAU Henare Ngati Whatua Died 1888  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
annie.fraser OWC
(@annie-fraser-owc)

Kia Ora
I have been told that Henare Manukau was from Maikuku on the Kaipara

Posted : 12 December, 2005 7:38 pm
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Kia Ora Annie,

I know the Manukau whanau are predominant in Pouto, Kaipara if that helps.
The original marae was Riripo Marae but was taken away in a storm in the 70's, however, Waikaretu is the marae in Pouto now, perhaps someone there could help you. The mailing address for the marae is Waikaretu Marae - Pouto Rd, Pouto, Kaipara.
Hope that helps
good luck with your search

Kia Ora
Kim Te Keepa Rata Te Awe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2006 3:12 pm
annie.fraser OWC
(@annie-fraser-owc)

Kia Ora Kim
Thanks very much, I will follow that through. I was also told that there is a another Marae that links to Manukau whanau, in Tenopai, not sure of spelling but think it is Kirahipi??? Does this ring any bells?
Kia ora
Annie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2006 5:21 pm

Kia Ora Annie,

No that doesn't ring any bells for me, however, I have an aunty who lives in Tenopai so I will find out for you.

Kia ora
Kim

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2006 8:42 pm

Also, try signing up to www.oldfriends.co.nz, there is a marae section there with members just like this site, so you can also search whakapapa there too.

Kia ora Annie,
Kim

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2006 8:44 pm
annie.fraser OWC
(@annie-fraser-owc)

Kia ora Kim
thanks for that. Just tried the page, no go, so will try again later.
Na
Annie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 July, 2006 6:19 pm

Kia Ora Annie,

It seems only the link is broken, if you type in the address of www.oldfriends.co.nz you should find your way there no problem.

Good luck
Kia Ora
Kim

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 July, 2006 7:54 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

"Tinopai" is the correct spelling of the fore-mentioned place you refer to.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 July, 2006 10:41 pm

Kia Ora Hohaia,

Thank you for that

Kim

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 July, 2006 1:24 pm
annie.fraser OWC
(@annie-fraser-owc)

Kia ora Hohaia
Thanks as well. A little Lazy thinking going on.
Na
Annie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 July, 2006 4:52 pm
rangiora OWC
(@rangiora-owc)

I know this whanau well. Marybelle Manukau lives in Dargaville. Na Rangiora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2007 11:23 pm
shirojoharris OWC
(@shirojoharris-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Kim
Thanks very much, I will follow that through. I was also told that there is a another Marae that links to Manukau whanau, in Tenopai, not sure of spelling but think it is Kirahipi??? Does this ring any bells?
Kia ora
Annie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2007 12:17 am
shirojoharris OWC
(@shirojoharris-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Kim
Kia ora
Annie

kia ora my name is shiralee and my nana is a manukau from Arapaoa which is right next to tinopai and i think the maree you are thinkin about is Waihaua Maree we also have whanau in hellensville and haranui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2007 12:22 am
tm OWC
(@tm-owc)

Kia Ora

Yes my Father was related to the Manukau's from Arapaoa.I do have a photo of the Ngati Whatua Ratana band taken approx:1935-1940.With the Manukau's Tamihana's Matiu's and others but they were all related.My father and his cousin were able to put names too the faces before they passed on.I can tell you that the whanau in Wanganui are hoping to have a Matiu reunion hopefully in Arapaoa but I am not certain on the details.I do know there is a very good book out you might want to read it,as it is about our whakapapa.Will have to get back to you on the title of the book.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2007 10:36 pm
Rocky Fenton
(@rocky-fenton)

Kia Ora Annie

My Great Grandfather is Te Mate Manukau from Arapaoa and my nan is Magaret Fenton (maiden name Manukau)
Nan passed away last year and we took her back to Arapaoa and laid her to rest with her parents. Nan has a 2 brothers London & Mosses Manukau who all reside in Helesville. If you want to you can email me rockyfento@yahoo.co.nz
and I'll give you more info...

Cheers
Rocky

Edited by - Rocky Fenton on Feb 13 2007 8:49:57 PM

Edited by - Rocky Fenton on Feb 13 2007 8:51:18 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2007 8:47 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: