Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MARTIN, Sonny and Rose nee NATHAN  

RSS
martin OWC
(@martin-owc)

Wanting to find information about my grandparents and their whanau. My papa was from Pangaru/Mitimiti. His whanau were originally from Dargaville his descendants are Stanaway.

Edited by - martin on Apr 29 2005 5:37:26 PM

Posted : 26 April, 2005 6:04 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora martin are you able to tell us where your parents were from? Did Sonny live in Alice Springs at some stage?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2005 10:31 pm
Tina Martin OWC
(@tina-martin-owc)

Kia ora martin,
i'm also looking for some rellies of mine. My dads mum in particular. What was your papas first name, and do you know who his parents were? Mitimiti is one place that has been mentioned to me by one of the uncles. We're still not sure about our nannys name, before my dad died, he told me that her name was Margaret Martin. Dad was born in Wellington in 1939 and had a chinese dad. Dads mum died when dad was about seven years old, she was pushed out of a moving vehicle as far as he could remember, and she died as a result of her head hitting the ground. I'm hoping this tale might stir a few memory banks up, and maybe find someone that knew her, or is a descendant of hers. My step nanny is from up north. She was a Baker, and one of her sisters married a Nathan.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 August, 2005 10:38 pm
Lynita OWC
(@lynita-owc)

Kia Ora
My Grandmother was a Martin from Mitimiti who married a Nathan could be the same person.
I am trying to find my fathers whanau who are also from up there he was a Nathan born in Rawene,Hokianga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 September, 2005 8:37 pm
rubyat OWC
(@rubyat-owc)

KIa ora
I know of some Nathans who are from Kaiwaka.My friend whose father passed away 2 years ago moved back to kaiwaka after living in Wellington for years.I was told by my friend that is where the Nathan's come from she mentioned some other surnames that have a connection Netana and Pateraua (I think that's right).My friends fathers name was Paul Nathan.I also grew up with some Nathans in Moerewa Bay of Islands, the father's name was Puhi Nathan (deceased).I will ask her next time I see her.
As for the Martin side my grandmother was a Martin from Pangaru her name is Mere Martin actually there surname was changed to Martin it was Karena before being changed by who? I don't know.I still have uncles living up there who are Topia's but there mother was a Martin I only know her by Aunty Girlie not sure on the real name.I to have a Aunty named Margret Martin she lived in Kawakawa up North.I will ask my dad about the Margret you are inquiring about.
So til then
Take care hope u have success in what u r lookin for
Ruby

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 October, 2005 1:20 pm
kerbab OWC
(@kerbab-owc)

Tina Martina, are you Tony Martins sister and aunty to Kane and Dalmain, if so can you reply privately or on this page, would love to hear from you. Donna Kerr

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2005 2:37 pm
Alandia OWC
(@alandia-owc)

Kia Ora Martin,
My mother inlaws maiden name is Martin, her whanau are from Mitimiti. Her Dad was Karu Martin,hes from a big family his parents names were Dargaville and Rachel Martin. I will have a look to see if i can make any connection for you. But as far as i am aware of the whanau i am talking about is related to the Stanaways which also have a link to the Marriners.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 November, 2006 9:26 pm
vowlesjo OWC
(@vowlesjo-owc)

I am a descendant of the Stanaways. I am a great great great granddaughter of Henipapa and John James Stanaway. J.J Stanaway had 5 wives which collectively produced around 18 children. A stanaway book has been compiled from Mohi Te Hokaanga ( Henipapa's father ) to my generation. Email me and I will give you the details.

Regards

Jo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2007 1:01 pm
Kapai28 OWC
(@kapai28-owc)

I am from Mitimiti and did know Nanny Rose and Papa Sonny. You may email me at hokokeha@hotmail.com if you would like more info
na
Bernie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 August, 2007 6:38 pm
Putaruru OWC
(@putaruru-owc)

quote:

I am from Mitimiti and did know Nanny Rose and Papa Sonny. You may email me at hokokeha@hotmail.com if you would like more info
na
Bernie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2008 8:54 pm
Putaruru OWC
(@putaruru-owc)

I am the daughter of Sonny Mohi and my name is Lucy and he lives in Port Augusta South Australialove to hear from you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2008 8:57 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

tena koe cuzzy putaruru

we relative.

Edited by - pono on Feb 01 2008 02:56:39 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2008 2:52 am
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

I am looking for the Karena Family, My grandfather was Joe Karena and he married Erihapeti Totokarewa (karewa)Cook/Kuku. The Children of Erihapeti went under Cook although my dad Richard Maynard Cook/Kuku/Collins/Karena was Joe Karena I think only son. Joe is buried at waikumete cemetry, auckland. I have been trying to find dads side of the family, as we were only brought around my mothers side Nikore/Te Amohanga.

We are descendants of John James Stanaway

LOOKING FOR ALL COUSINS, PLEASE EMAIL OR LOOK FOR "COOKIE-LITTLE" POSTING:O)

SEE MY POSTING KUKU/COOK

Am interested vowlesjot" re:book

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2008 9:40 am
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

CORRECTION: Nikora/Te Amohanga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2008 9:47 am
Share: