Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Marumaru, Morehu, Samuels  

RSS
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Kia Ora, I am trying to trace my ggggrandfather & grandmother who have connections to the East Coast, Napier/Hastings area. Their names are Anaru Morehu Marumaru & Ngarere Samuels/Hamiora.

They eventually ended up in the Coromandle/Hauraki area. I dont know to anything about them and where they came from apart from some whakapapa written out by my grandmother which bascially stopped with them. Their daughter Ataria Ngapiki is my gggrandmother and I cant remember if her sisters name was Hikimate or Kitemate? I know there is other children but cant think of there names off hand.

Any help or information would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Posted : 22 June, 2006 9:39 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe
mmm.....sound familiar
I have meet someone "Hokimate" not sure still lived at paeroa maybe same whanau.

Perhaps, can asked around ngahutoitoi marae, Te Moananui flat, Paeroa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2006 1:14 pm
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Kia Ora Pono,

Thanks for that I shall follow that up. I have how ever been to the land courts and have found that the other children of Anaru & Ngarere are Hori, Hana, and Rangi. And the other sisteris Kitemate.

Interesting enough in the land records it has land being passed to Anaru from a Te Reirangi Kaho...and I have no Idea who this person is.

Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 June, 2006 2:25 pm
Native OWC
(@native-owc)

Tëna Koe e whanau? have just read your post.I am of Samuels/Hamiora from the Ahuriri/Heretaunga area, we are also of Waimä/Tokomaru Bay region, here on the East Coast.My koroua was Eruera Kawhia Hamiora Whakatete Samuels of Otaki and my kuia was Meretaungahä Komene Tangitutu of Whakatohea/Ngäti Porou.There are whanau down in Ahuriri who will be able to help your quest for your kuia,should you need any further help, just post again and i'll try and give you as much info as i can. Even if i put you in touch with whanau down there..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 September, 2006 12:41 pm
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Kia Ora,

Thanks so much for your reply. I would appreciate any help or info you may be able to provide.

I am going to be down in Napier on the 22nd Sept as my sister has school kapahaka and with it being the end of the school term she will be heading home from school.

I would dearly like to find where my kuia came from.

Cheers for your reply.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 September, 2006 1:29 pm
matiu5 OWC
(@matiu5-owc)

Kia ora,
Rangi which I believe is your ggrandma's sister married Takarangi Harihone which are my ggrandparents. Ngarere=Morehu Marumaru died 18.12.18 Not 100% sure on that info though. Would love to find out more also.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2006 10:02 pm
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Kia Ora Matiu5,
Thanks so much for your reply!!!!! You are absolutely correct. I have sent you a private message..... Hope to hear from you soon...
Regards,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2006 11:17 am
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Hi just wondering if these are the same Morehu and Hamiora whanau from Pikiao in Rotorua. And there are some Hamiora in Harataunga, Kennedy Bay, Coromandel

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2006 1:58 pm
tane_ariki OWC
(@tane_ariki-owc)
Trusted Member

Ngati Porou are considered as a tukuwhenua iwi in the Hauraki region (they are because of the tukuwhenua of the whenua of a portion of the land of my iwi).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2006 4:38 pm
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Kia Ora Taiga,

Im not to sure if these are the same Morehu & Hamiora whanau from Rotorua. Although we do have a connection to Rotorua through my Hoani side of the whanau. If you coudl shed some more light on the Morehu/Hamiora whanau from Rotorua it would be much appreciated. Thanks heaps for your reply.

Kia Ora Matiu5, Can you send me a email. Just wanting to get in contact with regards to Rangi. As yes you do speak of the same family I am wanting to know more about. Email is taepawhanau@hotmail.com.
Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 October, 2006 1:31 pm
matiu5 OWC
(@matiu5-owc)

Kia Ora,
Have sent you a private message. Do not know much info myself on the whanau, but am happy to share what I do have. Most of my whanau have passed but I will ask the aunts if anyone has info on Rangi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2006 10:48 pm
jmorehu OWC
(@jmorehu-owc)

Kia Ora,
My Grandfather was Te Mapu "MOREHU MARUMARU" but he dropped the Marumaru and keeped the Morehu. My brother Wayne John Morehu may be able to help you as he is into our whkapapa in a big way. I think our tipuna came from down the East Coast up to Manaia, Coromandel & Thames where we are today. anyway this is his email address incase you want to follow it up.
waynejohn25@hotmail.com
Arohanui with your quest and you never know we just maybe whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 October, 2007 5:52 pm
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Kia Ora...Thanks so much for your reply. I spoke to Wayne earlier this year and yip we are whanau for sure! He was able to give me info which shed some light on a few things. I have also had emails from Matiu5 who is also whanau. Gee what a small world aye! Anyway keep in touch for sure I really enjoy finding long lost whanau its awesome.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 October, 2007 5:26 pm
Share: