Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MATTHEWS Whanau: Hokianga  

RSS
Chip Matthews OWC
(@chip-matthews-owc)

Kia ora

I'm trying to search some history on my Grandfathers side.

He was John Thomas MATTHEWS (b. 22/11/14 - Babylon, d. 05/01/72 - Auck). Mother was Lucy McGrath and his father was John William MATTHEWS.

He was married twice, once to Norah Matthews, and then to my Nan, Winifred (Winnie) Matthews (nee Vulinovich). They lived mainly at Rangi Point, although I think they may have also spent some time at Whirinaki.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Chip

Posted : 02 May, 2005 3:50 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Chip Matthews,

Make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club then go to "Tips for Searching Google" under the "Online Seearhing" menu. Have a quick read and click the link at the bottom of that article, fill in the form and then have a look at the various search results as you may find more info there.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 May, 2005 12:28 pm
acoburn OWC
(@acoburn-owc)

Kia ora i te whanau. Ko Amy Coburn ahau.

My late grandmother is Rita Waipouri (nee Matthews). Was living in Pawarenga.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 May, 2005 11:47 am
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Tena koe Chip,the Matthews are a big and wide
spread family.Your grandfather was a return servicemen.He sometime lived with my dads family in Waihou Hokianga.My aunty who is 86yrs old can still retrace that era. when she is enjoying her cup of tea. Praise the Lord!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2005 9:31 pm
polygraem OWC
(@polygraem-owc)

HI Chip, My family are from Rangi Point they are the Smarts, Mc Donalds, Dunn's, Boyce we are also related to the Matthews family i can give you contact details if you like.
this is my email addy polygraem@msn.com
polly Tuialii (nee- Paaka)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 4:30 am
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

Ae kia whanau maria was the mother of auntie winnie. Maria was also the sister to my grt grnd-mother who was the grndmother to my mother whom i believe would be a great help to you

[color=#00ff00][b](b)[/b][/color]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2007 7:56 pm
Share: