Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MAXWELL / MONCUR, Te Ngeungeu  

RSS
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Daughter of Tara TE IRIRANGI born around 1810 at Umupuia (Ngai Tai), Auckland
Wife of Thomas MAXWELL Scotsman of Waiheke Island (died 1842) and James Moncur 8(died 1846?)
Interested in any information about my GGGrandmothers life and her whanau and their decendants

Edited by - markonijoy on Sep 25 2005 03:39:58 AM

Posted : 19 March, 2005 3:07 am
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Tena koe markonijoy

I have found this listing in geocities. Maybe you are able to contact the below people who is searching for the same family as you. It may be another avenue to follow.

Te Ngeungeu MAXWELL; James MONCUR
Posted by Jewel FORBES
business1 @ enterprisingmanukau. co. nz
December 6, 2001, 12:39 am

Searching for: g/g/g/f
James MONCUR, md
Rewa POUAKA of Kawhia, daughter g/g/m
Matilda Juliet (Matire Te Rarangi);

also md
TE NGEUNGEU MAXWELL; had daughters
Sophia MONCUR and
Eliza MONCUR.

Searching for any information greatly appreciated.

Re: Te Ngeungeu MAXWELL; James MONCUR
Posted by Celia Maxwell
kiaora1 @ dingoblue. net. au
January 9, 2002, 2:14 am

Kiaora,

Nguengue Maxwell that I knew was in her day a J.P. of Papakura she resided in the
Clevedon area and married a Swiss by the name of
Zister.

There was no issue,

Sorry but Aunty Ngue was my grandfathers sister.
Arohanui
Celia

Hope this is of help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2005 3:12 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Much thanks Pearlau for your information.

Edited by - markonijoy on Sep 29 2005 8:29:48 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2005 9:18 pm
terei OWC
(@terei-owc)

Dear Celia,
Have written to you via the e-mail address provided. You were looking for information regarding your aunty Ani and Uncle Hukere. Very excited as I am Ani's youngest child.
She had fourteen children to my father Rota Rangihuna of Ngati-Porou.TeRei Murphy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 June, 2006 11:04 am
nellz OWC
(@nellz-owc)

nga mihi,
its about two years too late i guess for this posting but never the less its up. my great great great grandmother was ngeungeu te irirangi, married in auckland in 1828, to a man named thomas maxwell from aberdeen scotland. they had five sons who were, john maxwell born 1830 in the bay of plenty,james maxwell born 1832, bay of plenty, robert maxwell born 1835, bay of plenty,George Maxwell born 1838, waiheke island, andrew maxwell born 1842 waiheke island.Andrew had married a wahine named Peti powhitu Te wheoro at Mercer in 1862....pretty much all that i know about our nana

kia kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2007 3:05 am
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Much thanks nellz for the information. Some of the Maxwell decendants in Sydney are holding a reunion over Easter. They come from Andrews brother Patricks line, send me a PM if you live in that area and would like more info on who to contact
Kind regards Joy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2007 8:15 pm
TeRopata
(@teropata)

Kia ora Joy

Patrick Maxwell is my great-great-great grandfather. One of his daughters was Okeroa who married Wiremu Reupene Hetaraka (my mothers grandfather). They resided in a settlement called Waitarata (Clevedon)where our whanau still lives today. My grandmother was Mere Mahu Hetaraka (one of their daughters).

Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 May, 2007 12:44 am
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Te Whatoro,

Would you mind e-mailing me privately?
markonijoy@aol.com
I have a few questions which you may be able to help with regarding Okeroa. My own line comes from her brother Hori
Thankyou for your reply

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 May, 2007 1:05 am
Share: