Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MAXWELL, Robert  

RSS
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

I did visit the new Maxwell link and found it very good, I wondered if anyone could help me with any information about this tipuna, and of his albeit breif encounter with Mereana Parihi of Towai / Ruapekapeka? Was he the son or grandson of Thomas Maxwell? He may have been born c1800 <1830. These are the things I am interested in finding out.

Edited by - edwards.jacqueline on Aug 03 2005 8:56:47 PM

peaceful regard
Jacqui

Posted : 03 August, 2005 2:42 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe edwards.jacqueline,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put Robert in the Firstname and Maxqwell in the Last name, setting the country to New Zealand you will find some records - maybe these will be able to awhi you. Note though, that info in that site is not always accurate

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 3:10 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Try www.surnamenavigator.org

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 4:55 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora poutokomanawa and kina,
I have just been to the above websites and found them to be massive. Although I could not find any of my tupuna I did manage to help my husband start his journey in finding his roots.
Thanks a million!!!

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 September, 2005 8:50 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

I went back in...
and I narrowed down my search to a Robert Maxwell, married in New Zealand between 1840 & 1860, and fixed a search. Only one name showed me the way, Robert Maxwell married Maraea Parihi and had Wi Poutu, which confirms our whanau oral history in a way...Thanks again

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 September, 2005 4:41 pm
Share: