Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MAXWELL, Robert / PARIHI, Mereana  

RSS
nuckle OWC
(@nuckle-owc)

I am seeking help in finding information about my 3 x great-grandmothers family. I believe Mereana was born and raised up north in Towai and married Robert Maxwell, who was born in England, around the mid 1850's; their union produced a son Wiremu Poutu Maxwell. Upon the death of Robert Mereana married Irimana Houturangi. Irimana was stolen from the East Coast / Ngati Porou during the wars and after marrying Mereana he returned with her and her son to Hicks Bay.
Any information on any of these persons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Posted : 10 March, 2008 12:35 am
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Kia ora John we have had another poster researching this line in the past so try putting the names into this sites search engine and make sure you indicate you want to see 'all posts'
good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2008 2:33 am
Share: