Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

METIO ,TeWehiOTeRangi  

RSS
kinaman OWC
(@kinaman-owc)

Kia Ora te whanau,
Looking for any info on my greatgrandfather, I'am pretty sure he came from (Whangaroa)rohe as we are in Otangaroa&Waihapa blocks. My ggrandmothers name is Mereana Hataraka. Koro might of had a bro metio minarapa, a korero a kuia gave me a long time ago.I have a strong urge to head north,but some direction would be great!

hai konei ra

Posted : 18 September, 2007 11:17 pm
RVZ OWC
(@rvz-owc)

Kia ora kinaman
My wifes grandmother Rangitaka Jones was a daughter of Metio Te Wehioterangi(aka Metio Inirio).Have some info amongst whakapapa papers which I will have to sort thru and get back to you ASAP.
Is Rangitaka your grandmother or Tini(Jean Barnes)?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2007 3:55 am
kinaman OWC
(@kinaman-owc)

kia ora, rvz Tini is my kuia iam mikes son jason

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2007 12:37 pm
RVZ OWC
(@rvz-owc)

Kia ora Jason

I am married to your cousin Christine,who is a Whittle from Whakatane.Her mum and dad are Georgina and Joe.
I found those papers,which are from the maori land court regarding Metio and it names his wives,children and mokopuna.It was evidence for his share of Mokoia island.Also have some whakapapa of Mereana(hand written notes copied from one of the whanau).Let me know your e-mail address and I'll try and send thru as an attachment;otherwise if you want I'll just post the info thru here.

Rob

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2007 6:39 pm
kinaman OWC
(@kinaman-owc)

Tena koe whanuanga, he mihi nui ki a koe,mo to awhi i tenei wa, Sorry rob for the late reply as i have been at a Wananga all weekend.my e-mail is KINAMAN@XTRA.CO.NZ

kia ora Jas

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 September, 2007 3:50 pm
Share: