Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MITA TAUPOPOKI  

RSS
matatabornnbred
(@matatabornnbred)

Kia Ora te Whanau,
I am researching different parts of my mother's WHAKAPAPA which will eventually be for an impending WHANAU REUNION. I have already posted asking for info on other Whakapapa lines and am absolutely RAPT with what i have received. THANKYOU.
Today I am asking for any information about the Te Arawa Chief Mita Taupopoki. My great,great grandmother was Erena who I have been told was Mita's sister, but need to clarify this as I was disputed that she was his niece. My Kuia married Te Peeti Horomona of Ngati Manawa. Their daughter was Peeti Horomona who married my Koroua Merito Hetaraka of Ngati Pukeko. Their daughter was Wiripene Merito, my grandmother.
Kia Ora if any help comes forth.

Posted : 06 February, 2007 7:44 am
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Kiaora kare im sure you already read The Old Time Maori by Makereti Papakura of Tuhourangi but if you havent get it out and read it, it has alot whakapapa and information on Mita Taupopoki, a relative and friend of the author.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 11:35 am
matatabornnbred
(@matatabornnbred)

Kia Ora Maniapoto Jack,
Thankyou very much for your info, no I haven't read the book but will now look for it.
Much appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 6:04 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora te Whanau,
I am researching different parts of my mother's WHAKAPAPA which will eventually be for an impending WHANAU REUNION. I have already posted asking for info on other Whakapapa lines and am absolutely RAPT with what i have received. THANKYOU.
Today I am asking for any information about the Te Arawa Chief Mita Taupopoki. My great,great grandmother was Erena who I have been told was Mita's sister, but need to clarify this as I was disputed that she was his niece. My Kuia married Te Peeti Horomona of Ngati Manawa. Their daughter was Peeti Horomona who married my Koroua Merito Hetaraka of Ngati Pukeko. Their daughter was Wiripene Merito, my grandmother.
Kia Ora if any help comes forth.

Make contact with Rev Joe Pene in Rotorua who is a grandson of Mita Taupopoki. Joe can be contacted through the Anglican Church. If not, try his twin brother Manu. The local iwi authority can help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 6:50 pm
matatabornnbred
(@matatabornnbred)

Kia Ora Ano Te Paetahi,
Once again "Thanks Heaps", you have been very helpful in my different searches and my Whanau are indebted to you my friend. I will definately make that contact.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 7:58 pm
Share: