Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MOANA, Jock Te Hau: Ngati Makirangi  

RSS
Hakaboy OWC
(@hakaboy-owc)

Kia ora koutou, i am doing some research on my my grandad. His name was Jock Moana and married Parehiko Henare (Waiti Marae, Ngati Makirangi te Hapu).
His sister was Beauty Wilson, Mary and another brother. I believe they grew up in Te Hoe o Tainui and Tahuna (Waikato).
Any assistance would be appreciated.
kia ora mai
Julian

Posted : 19 July, 2005 3:11 pm
Hakaboy OWC
(@hakaboy-owc)

Kia ora whanau,
My niece and i have done some research at the Maori Land Court and have made some interesting discoveries. My grandads last name was amotawhiri (originally) instead of Moana. He had 3 brothers and 2 sisters. His dad was Te Ngahuru Amotawhiri.
Therefore if any know of the Amotawhiri whanau or Te Ngahuru whanau, please let me know.
Kia ora mai
Hakaboy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 August, 2005 4:16 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Hakaboy,

If you make sure you are at the Whakapapa club then put amotawhiri in the top right hand box of the page then click the Search The Records you will find an Amotawhiri listed in the people directory

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 October, 2005 5:06 pm
Cynthia OWC
(@cynthia-owc)

Kia Ora Julian
Jock Te Hau had 2 brothers named Sam and Dave. Sam lived in Putararu with his wife Mary amd they had 1 Daughter. Dave over moving away from Waikato he resided down Tokomaru Bay where he has a wife that is still living and her name is Kuni Moana and they had 3 children, only 2 of the chidren are still living. Dave also had a family here in Waikato. The sisters to Jock Te Hau are Beauty and Mary. Another of our cousins are researching the same line as you and we sould get together some time and compare notes. I am Cynthia the daughter of Sonny Te Iwa Moana. The cousin I mentioned is Diane Buskermollen the daughter to Emily.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2005 7:10 pm
Share: