Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Moe Ngaherehere - Hokianga 47th Waitangi Signatory  

RSS
NeilsonRameka OWC
(@neilsonrameka-owc)

Hello everyone.

Trying to find any information on Moe Ngaherehre who was the 47th signatory on the Treaty of Waitangi.

I am a descendant from this line. His daughter Arihia Moengaherehere is my great great grandmother. I come through

Arihia Ngaherehere=William Nathan Pickering (Pikari)

Hare Pickering=Ngaroma Pou

Kawhena Pickering=Awhi Beazley (Pihere)

George (Hori) Beazley=Te Kahuwhero Neilson (nee Rameka)

Myself, Norman Mclean Beazley

If you are able to assist please contact me on 04-9024822, or alternatively normanbeazley@clear.net.nz

All the best

Norman

Posted : 06 February, 2008 2:17 pm
crissy11 OWC
(@crissy11-owc)

Kia ora Norman,

My father was given a very a whakapapa on Nathan Pickering and Moe ngaherehere while we were living here in Australia going back 20 years ago....do you have the same one??..

Unfortunately i don't get home until next week the 16th Feb and will have a look for you...though alot of information is by my fathers knowledge handed down to him from the elders will let you know soon...What information did you need so i can ask my father...I think we come off the same line somehow...

Hear from you soon.
Crystal Pickering/Pikari.

My father is Hone/John Pikari do you know him he's 68 now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2008 1:28 pm
Otama OWC
(@otama-owc)

We are also researching the lineage of Moengaherehere and his family. Some of the info I have is a bit confusing but i would love to swap info with other members. Joan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2008 1:46 pm
NeilsonRameka OWC
(@neilsonrameka-owc)

Hello crissy11 and Otama.

I have been researching my mum and Dads whakapapa, and have only but recently been exploring the Moe Ngaherehere line.

I would appreciate any informartion that is available. However I am aware that if you are a descendant from this line, the Hokianga Whanau Collective is/has submitted a no. of Wai claims including a specific claim (compensation) for land wrongfully taken, associated with their ancestral pa, Pingongo. You can access this link through www.hokiangaclaims.org.nz/waitanglclaims.htm

All the best

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2008 2:26 pm
NeilsonRameka OWC
(@neilsonrameka-owc)

just checking if there is any update.

Many thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 February, 2008 9:30 pm
Share: