Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MOETARA, TAIMONA  

RSS
l.motu OWC
(@l-motu-owc)

Kia ora,

Since the passing of my father I have been wondering about my whakapapa and where I belong. There are alot of pages missing in my fathers account of his whakapa and I'm hoping that someone will be able to provide the missing parts.

My grandmothers name is Kauwaeriria and she is one of 5 children to Rawiri Hapakuku Moetara and Atarea Taimona.

My grandfather is Nehua Ihaka Motu. His parents are Karaka Motu Ihaka of Peria and Hana Kirihini Te Morenga of Ahipara.

Any help to finishing the puzzle would be greatly appreciated.

ma te wa

Edited by - l.motu on Feb 21 2008 3:45:45 PM

Edited by - l.motu on Feb 21 2008 3:47:48 PM

Posted : 21 February, 2008 1:03 pm
copycatdog OWC
(@copycatdog-owc)

Tena Koe Leonie,
Can you tell us where these Tipuna are from?
Steve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2008 3:25 pm
l.motu OWC
(@l-motu-owc)

Tena Koe Steve,

From what I can tell on the info I have Waimamaku.

Kia ora
Leonie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2008 3:42 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Kia ora Leonie,
I have all your whakapapa going back but was going to check with another source, a discrepancy of acknowledgement. Rawiri Hapakuku Moetara's came from a family of 7. His father died 1922 buried Pakanae.His G Grandfather is a rangatira and although my whakapapa shows him as the father, some holders of the Moetara whakapapa show my tupuna as the father. So, although we are blood related anyway, this is the discrepancy in question. A meeting is due to be held. Please email me for further info.
Pi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2008 8:15 pm
l.motu OWC
(@l-motu-owc)

Tena koe Pi
Thanks for the reply. Didnt think I would get a response this quickly, and therefore I am overwhelmed with aroha. Will definitley be in contact.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2008 9:01 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Ko Maraea Kapeti ka moe ia a Wooru [Captain Wolf]
Ka puta mai ko Erana Wooru
Ko Erana Wooru ka moe ia a Taimona Pita
Ka puta mai ko Atareta Taimona Pita me etahi atu
Ko Atareta Taimona Pita ka moe ia a Rawiri Hapakuku
Ka puta mai ko Kauwaeriria [Tuti] Rawiri Hapakuku
Ko Kauwaeriria [Tuti] Rawiri Hapakuku ka moe ia a Mihaka [Nehua/Mick] Motu Ihaka
Ka puta mai ko Hinio [Senio] Mihaka Motu
Ko Hinio [Senio] Mihaka Motu ka moe ia a Josephine Noa
Ka puta mai ki a koe me tou tuahine a Martha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 March, 2008 10:41 am
temihi OWC
(@temihi-owc)

Kia ora Leonie
Have a chat with your uncle Alec or aunty Aggie and aunty Mary Lou they should be of help with this patai, say hello to your mum from aunty Ida`s sister arohamai on your journey of discovery its all gud.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 March, 2008 4:54 pm
Share: