Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MOKE, Pumipi  

RSS
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Searching for information on this tipuna
Known to have connections to Parihaka possibly through marriage.
Any information would be greatly appreciated

Posted : 12 February, 2006 11:40 am
reiri OWC
(@reiri-owc)

Born early 1800s in Kawhia. I have a some whakapapa going back to Whakamarurangi/ Te Rarangi.
email preiri@bigpond.net.au

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2006 8:48 am
bFORCe OWC
(@bforce-owc)

I know someone who has info regaurding this tipuna.Get in touch with me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2006 8:27 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Hare Pumipi also from Hokianga.
Married Rii Pirimona :children; Tapeka hare Pumipi, Poiharere Hare Pumipi who married Ihaka Tane Hohaia.
*May be helpful!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2006 1:55 am
kara@paradise OWC
(@karaparadise-owc)

kia ora my step mother is a moke from kawhia her parents, moses moke and rangipihere moke i could ask for information if you want also im from parihaka im a tuuta 25 yrs i havent ran into any mokes yet anyway if you have some questions just ask kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2006 6:01 pm
feleki OWC
(@feleki-owc)

Kia ora , i am trying to trace my Whakapapa on my mums side, she is Rona (lorna) moke and her Parents were Pareheketanga Waikato and she was married to a Pani Moke. mum was born in Ngaruawahia and brought up around Kawhia, so if any one can help me trace back further and make some conections that would be Awesome, my Email is feleki@mail.com,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 September, 2006 12:04 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Searching for information on this tipuna
Known to have connections to Parihaka possibly through marriage.
Any information would be greatly appreciated

Kia ora Kaye,

Found this in the Te Ao Hou magazine. Think its the tipuna you are looking for. This is her death notice.

MRS MAMAE MOKE PUMIPI
Mrs Mamae Moke Pumipi, a chieftainess of the Kawhia Maoris, died at Opara, Kawhia, aged 88. A daughter, Mrs Parekuku Manawaiti, died two days before. Both were direct descendants of Hoturoa, captain of the Tainui canoe.

The chieftainess was the only daughter of Te Aomangi and Hone Kaora, chief and chieftainess of the Ngati-hikairo and Ngati-puhiawe. She was a direct descendant of the four principal ancestors of the Waikato Maoris—Rangihoto Whare, Hourua, and Tapaue—and was connected with all the sub-tribes of the Waikato.

Mrs Pumipi had a thorough knowledge of the history of Kawhia, and could recite from memory more than 200 Maori laments and many incantations. More than 20 of these have been recorded by her son, the Rev Percy Moke, of the Wesleyan Church, New Plymouth.

Arohamai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2007 9:03 pm
Share: