Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NATHAN , Hokianga Area  

RSS
Lynita OWC
(@lynita-owc)

Im trying to find my roots. My father William Reone Romana Nathan was born in Rawene in the Hokianga about 1950. His Father is Taone Nathan and his mother is Ruiha Louise Martin. I was born in Wellington and have very little contact with my fathers whanau in the last 28 years. My father was in Vietnam in the sas and died 13 years ago so all hopes I had of tracing my whakapapa were buried with him. I would love to know where part of me comes from so that I have can that closure and then be able to say this is who I am and this is where I am from. My Father was married once before he married my mother. His first wife I think was called Sue. I am not sure if a child resulted from this marriage. I am the oldest child to my parents and have 1 other sister. There is another girl from his relationship after my mum.
Any help no matter how small would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 15 September, 2005 8:58 pm
missluvtoi OWC
(@missluvtoi-owc)

hi there ... my father is related to those Nathans as well ... there is quite a big whanau of them in the Hokianga ... you said your father served in Vietnam ... so did my dad ... however my father was with a different regiment ... however if your dad is who i think he is ... he actually served in the group before my father ... as for the sas part of it ... i can definately help with that ... thanks to my dad as well ... i've heard of your dad ... he was friends with my dad and his younger brother ... my uncle Frazer however would have a lot of info for you as he has quite a bit of the whakapapa for up there written down ... would you like me to contact him on your behalf?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2005 9:38 pm
Lynita OWC
(@lynita-owc)

Hi
I got your email and would be very grateful if you could get that information for me. I was very excited reading your message. Thank you so much for this until I hear from you again.

Lynita

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2005 1:37 pm
chewton girl OWC
(@chewton-girl-owc)

You could try contacting "Ngai Tupoto" marae at Motukaraka. Talk to the kaumatuas their, they will point you in the right direction.
I grew up their and I remember this name.
Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2005 4:42 pm
Alandia OWC
(@alandia-owc)

Kia Ora,
I have come by the name Taoni Nathan in my whakapapa research that i am doing and in my book I am wondering if this is the same person?

Lani

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 November, 2006 8:40 pm
Share: